Brought out the big guns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Great looking female gourami ! Neons look very healthy too. This is the camera again?
Yes all of these are taken with my good camera
And thanks! Shes one of my favourite fish, shes just a joy to have. Very friendly and curious. No attitude with anyone.
And never lost a neon either, not even with acclimation. Got 10 of them and 6 black neons (i have lost one of them during acclimation though). Great little fish.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I love black neons, have had them almost consecutively for the past 40 years, unfortunately the quality has gone down tremendously the past decade. They used to get to 2+" long and 1" high, and very brightly colored. You barely see that anymore, I still have a couple of those but they are like 10 years old now, they are hard to replace what they breed now is almost a different fish to me. Neons are often sickly too, yours look great luckily.

Reactions: NoodleCats

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I love black neons, have had them almost consecutively for the past 40 years, unfortunately the quality has gone down tremendously the past decade. They used to get to 2+" long and 1" high, and very brightly colored. You barely see that anymore, I still have a couple of those but they are like 10 years old now, they are hard to replace what they breed now is almost a different fish to me. Neons are often sickly too, yours look great luckily.
A couple of the girls i have of the black neons are 2 inches. Theyre bigger than the online sources were saying they grow to. Theyre the same size as my platies lol but the boys i have are smaller.

The one girl in the photo, the single portrait, shes my second largest. Shes also got 2 tails.

I had heard neons are very delicate and sickly. I took two in at first from another local fishkeeper who was clearing out her stock and ended up getting more of them. Theyve been good. The last new additions of them brought in ich though, but cleared no problems with no losses. Theyve been pretty sturdy with me

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Looking good! That molly pic is amazing!

Reactions: NoodleCats

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
The fouth one is my favorite. One of them is Cookie innit?
Do you mind if I used it as my profile pic?
If youd like. One is Cookie, yes. We tried integrating her back with the other mollies. Didnt go well but that time it was Pumpkin starting the issues. So now its Cookie and our other girl together and Pumpkin is solo molly in the livebearer tank

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
If youd like. One is Cookie, yes. We tried integrating her back with the other mollies. Didnt go well but that time it was Pumpkin starting the issues. So now its Cookie and our other girl together and Pumpkin is solo molly in the livebearer tank
Oh! Quite surprised to hear that Cookie is not crazy (for now), but someone else! ?
I think I never will have a crazy molly :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store