Molly white spot, melting fin

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BlackAndBlue

AC Members
Nov 15, 2020
Hello!
So I have two male mollies and they seem to have something.
Tank size: 160 litre
Inhabitants: 4 mollies, 4 guppies, 2 cory coracatfish
Water parameters: (i use a water test kid)
Ph: 7,5 - 8
Nh4: <0.05
No2: 0,05
No3: 1
The tank has been running for three months without fish and two months now with fish.

My male black molly:
Screenshot_20201114_091948.jpgScreenshot_20201114_091958.jpgScreenshot_20201114_092009.jpg
He developed this white spot on his left fin, also his upper fin has a wound (probably is because of a stone)
I don't think it is ich, it doesn't look similar. Is it maybe a fungus or a bacterial i fection?

Then my golden dost male molly:
IMG_20201013_214130.jpg
He is smaller than the other one so someone sait that the other one is the dominant male and that it could be fin nipping. It also looks like fin rot but he has this for months now so I highly doubt it.
Does anyone of you know what both of them could have??

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I don't see a spot on the fin of the black one. I do see a spot on the tail of the orange one? The 'wound' on his dorsal fin is that split? That is of no concern

BlackAndBlue

AC Members
Nov 15, 2020
His pectoral fin. It looks more like lack of pigment.
But I am pretty sure that he only has it since ~two days... Is it possible that lack of pigment is developing that fast? And also is this a sign of bad health or is it just a slight color change as he gets older?

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
So it isn't transparent? Is it a hole or something fuzzy that just has the same color as the background?

BlackAndBlue

AC Members
Nov 15, 2020
It's defenitely not just a hole, I see the fishs fin but the camera just doesn't really pick it up because it's a small detail and the fish is a really active swimmer. Screenshot_20201116_010129.jpg
I tried to take another photo but I havnt gotten a better one. But you can defenuty see that it isn't translucent. Should I maybe add aquarium salt into the tank? I have heard that it helps against many illnesses but doesn't harm the fish, is that true?

BlackAndBlue

AC Members
Nov 15, 2020
I added yesterday one tablespoon salt per 3 gallons because especially the fins of the golden dust molly looks bad in my opionon (although it hasn't changed, it still looks like in the pic).

ConfusedCatfish

AC Members
Nov 7, 2020
Hello!
So I have two male mollies and they seem to have something.
Tank size: 160 litre
Inhabitants: 4 mollies, 4 guppies, 2 cory coracatfish
Water parameters: (i use a water test kid)
Ph: 7,5 - 8
Nh4: <0.05
No2: 0,05
No3: 1
The tank has been running for three months without fish and two months now with fish.

My male black molly:
View attachment 228040View attachment 228041View attachment 228042
He developed this white spot on his left fin, also his upper fin has a wound (probably is because of a stone)
I don't think it is ich, it doesn't look similar. Is it maybe a fungus or a bacterial i fection?

Then my golden dost male molly:
View attachment 228043
He is smaller than the other one so someone sait that the other one is the dominant male and that it could be fin nipping. It also looks like fin rot but he has this for months now so I highly doubt it.
Does anyone of you know what both of them could have??
On the orange one i can see a white spot on the tail and i think there is another smaller less noticable one above it? Maybe its from the aquarium glass but if its on the fish i dont really know what it is because its too big for an ich spot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store