How often to feed guppy fry?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ConfusedCatfish

AC Members
Nov 7, 2020
So my guppies are parents now and i just wanted to ask, how often exactly do i feed gruppy fry?? I have to support their growth but avoid overfeeding as well

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Do a small amount 2-3 times daily for fry

Reactions: fishorama

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Is this a special breeding project or rare, valuable guppies? If not I wouldn't go overboard. In a healthy, aged tank, they'll do well with very little food added to the tank. If you're going to feed multiple times per day, you'll need to do multiple water changes per week.

Nothing against the guppies, but the little buggers are like parasites! Once you've got them, you'll have more than you want. I started with 5 and have probably given away 100s from those original 5 and I do no special feeding for guppy fry other than my standard 5 feedings per week.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
My guppies mistake my finger for food all the time, it tickles :)
True, its so sweet :)

Nothing against the guppies, but the little buggers are like parasites! Once you've got them, you'll have more than you want. I started with 5 and have probably given away 100s from those original 5 and I do no special feeding for guppy fry other than my standard 5 feedings per week.
Parasitic relationship between human and fish ;)

ConfusedCatfish

AC Members
Nov 7, 2020
Is this a special breeding project or rare, valuable guppies? If not I wouldn't go overboard. In a healthy, aged tank, they'll do well with very little food added to the tank. If you're going to feed multiple times per day, you'll need to do multiple water changes per week.

In fact theres a weird story behind this, i had to leave home for a week and the person taking care of my guppies didnt notice the babies hiding in the plants, i camr home and quickly isolated the one last baby that survived. So i will never actually have more than i need, i read on google if you have too many you can leave them with their parents if you don't know what to do, they will eat most but there might be a few survivors that lived by hiding in plants, but i wouldnt do it because its just merciless, if i ever get too many my escape plan is to give away as many as i can. The place where i actually got my adult guppies was from a park in my country's capital city, there was a pond there with about 40 guppies, the person that put them there in the first place caught us seven to bring home because anyway he had to catch them all before water temperature dropped. So during summer if i have a few left, not given away, i can bring back there in the pond, they seem to live well there and they get caught and moved inside for autumn and winter so they wont freeze

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store