20g, Rena xp3 & co2?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Thanks, dougall. I'm scared to ask my chemist husband (even if I had "true" data), goodness knows the lecture I may get, lol...or worse, chem drawings...no! & end up, as you said, just trying it. No animals, no harm...

Reactions: dougall

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I finally rehomed/moved my fish. Plants are mostly in a bucket except for a few crypts (?) & marislea (2 kinds) & dwarf sag. I still haven't found all the Rena parts but I feel I'm making progress, slowly.

The guy I gave most of the fish to has awesome tanks! So I saw what some of my plants can look like with co2 & ferts. I'm inspired again!

Husband's B'day so nothing else beyond cooking. Stirred up almost 5 years of crap yanking plants & catching fish, yuck!. Addressing that & some pond snail removal tomorrow & probably for a few days.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Hang in there, it all takes time :)

On a personal note, I'm heading to our local plant club meeting on Saturday, and to go see Rachel before that... so I sense some more livestock and overstocked tanks in my future !

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Ooh, I love a plant club meet! Who knows what you might come home with? Plants &/or livestock? & Rachel is just a temptress!! of the best kind of course.

I've already said (out loud, to other people, lol) I can use this tank as a QT if I find some fish I cannot resist, but I'm pretty strong on self control, ATM. It might depend...:oops:

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I pretty much know what I'll be getting from Rachel, or will before I leave, It's just a quick stop to pick up livestock, so no browsing time. :)

as for plants, There's not much I can do, there's too much overgrown algae-filled jungle at the moment, so difficult to add plants without some significant organization first, but maybe if there are some crypts.... :)

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I feel like it has officially begun now! Exciting! Which parts you still trying to locate? (I assume you are referring to finding them within your personal stuff?)

Evil temptress of the best kind, correct! lol (what did you get dougall??)

I sense your self control warning Nancy, be strong! But.... IF you find something great, well you know... ;)

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Evil temptress of the best kind, correct! lol (what did you get dougall??)
A dozen red cherry shrimp, a dozen tangerine tigers and all the Otocinclus catfish she had...

And a few things for folks at the club you refuse to join :p

I probably need to go again soon.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh, I'm getting so much closer to actually pulling the trigger on the co2...I found the spray bars & some other stuff (as you knew Jen, I think our garages are similar, lol)...but I think a 3? month test may be all I'll get & hopefully that's enough to boost my confidence. Super cool loaches from a breeder may coming my way come spring!! I'm overexcited!! Self control is waning...for the moment!

Really, dougall, otos & shrimp is all you came home with? OK, good self control but it's shades of me & the Wet Spot a few months ago. Jen couldn't believe I came home with only 6 loaches...but they're awesome!!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Really, dougall, otos & shrimp is all you came home with? OK, good self control but it's shades of me & the Wet Spot a few months ago. Jen couldn't believe I came home with only 6 loaches...but they're awesome!!
Yes... Really!

We have enough tanks running already and are pretty happy with the stock... So no more room. Was just adding to existing numbers mostly and didn't even consider corydoras hastatus!

Although... I was tempted by the silver kuhlie loaches and will be in her area tomorrow, and could get more shrimp so I could maybe see them.

Only plans to set up a tank in the foreseeable future is going to a shrimp tank in the youngest offspring's bedroom... And you know where the livestock will come from ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store