Stocking advice for a planted 92 corner tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
Yeah, we all get to that "sit & stare" point... but WCs!
I have the continuous water change get going. 2 gallons per hour addition. I also haven't had measurable nitrate in this tank for over a month. I either need to start dosing or add more fish.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Tank is coming together nicely. I love the wood! What's the plant towards the top left that looks like it's pearling?

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
Ok, I need some rescaping advice. I have added some huge Crypts and some pearlweed, and have some large tiger Vals coming tomorrow. I think that it is time for the guppy grass and crystalwort to go. I am getting sick of picking them out of the moss. I have the crypt becketii in a front corner, and it's probably wasted there. Feel free to offer suggestions.

IMG_20170504_181953.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I'm not a guppy grass fan, I'd remove it, it's just too out of control for me. Riccia is not as bad, but if it doesn't behave like you want, boot it out! I'm on a moss hating thing too right now, I'll be removing it for years, lol.

Pearlweed (HM) can be very nice either as a groundcover or a tiny leaved stem. It needs some pinching/training to grow the way you want, I've had it both ways & like it.

I've never met a crypt I didn't love! But sometimes their size is in need of a change of tank placement. Often sold as emersed growth (leaves out of water), they can be much smaller & different leaved in our tanks, depending on conditions.

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
I agree with you on all points but the moss (need to cover some of that wood). The question is where to put everything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store