1.5 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Yo_Loach said:
Well, if you get like a 5 gallon tank and keep some livebearers like mollies in it, you can keep the fry in there. Fry are fun fun fun for everyone! :D

You could also keep ghost shrimp! those are fun too!

I'm not 100% sure, but you might be able to pull off keeping a fiddler crab. Im not sure about the crab, correct me if im wrong.
Molllies need a minium of 30 gallons to be happy.. 5 is way to small.

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
go for the betta but make shure you dump a bunch of plants in there (enough floating the cover the top and enough planted for it to hide) they love lots of plants
other than that there isn't enough room but if you put enough plants in there it will be fine! also the crab is a bad idea, it needs to be abe to get to the surface and it would be hard to fit something in for it to climb on also, it would pinch anything that got too close... or if its docile the betta might terrorize it......

Yo_Loach

AC Members
Nov 28, 2004
undisclosed
www.drunkduck.com
tricksterpup said:
Molllies need a minium of 30 gallons to be happy.. 5 is way to small.

a 30 to be happy for mollies? I know space matters but your getting ridiculous with that. 15 is the minimum for mollies. And they can even live happy and long healthy lives in 10 gallons. a 5 is a bit small, but the guy has a 1.5 lol. either way the fry will still do

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Yo_Loach said:
a 30 to be happy for mollies? I know space matters but your getting ridiculous with that. 15 is the minimum for mollies. And they can even live happy and long healthy lives in 10 gallons. a 5 is a bit small, but the guy has a 1.5 lol. either way the fry will still do
Actually, mollies are the upper end of the live bearers that need more space and lots of algae for proper growth. A good average sailfin molly can get close to 6 inches. I do not keep my mollies in anything smaller than 30 (for the smaller species), on average in a 55 gallon tank. Fish surviving in a small tank is fine and they can do it, but would you want to live in a bathroom for the rest of your life? You can live, and live well, would you be happy?
For fry, i tend to keep them in with the parents, if I have no other predator, or in a 10 gallon.

Yo_Loach

AC Members
Nov 28, 2004
undisclosed
www.drunkduck.com
tricksterpup said:
Actually, mollies are the upper end of the live bearers that need more space and lots of algae for proper growth. A good average sailfin molly can get close to 6 inches. I do not keep my mollies in anything smaller than 30 (for the smaller species), on average in a 55 gallon tank. Fish surviving in a small tank is fine and they can do it, but would you want to live in a bathroom for the rest of your life? You can live, and live well, would you be happy?
For fry, i tend to keep them in with the parents, if I have no other predator, or in a 10 gallon.

first of all, keeping molly fry with their parents means lots of dead fry and big fat mollies. they eat their young. keeping molly fry , guppy fry, or most other fry with their parents is a cruel thing to do.

And also, I speak for the common molly sailfins do grow slightly larger, but most mollies dont break the 3" barrier, I have a full grown 3.5" molly in my 15 gallon, and its happy, I can hand feed it, it doesnt mess with other fish, its curious and lives just fine.

personally, I think if you need a tank that big for a molly, your just avoiding cleaning it.

And I do spend 60% of my time in a 12x24 foot room lol. and i'm perfectly happy. eheheh.

Redbellyfishes

Registered Member
Nov 29, 2004
ontario
get a real fish

man try some cool fish no one likes mollies or swordtails in fact i fed my red swordtail to my piranhas and it was a wickid fast kill. ok ok wipe your tears cuz i know everyone on this thred is a guppy or mollie lover and is crying right now, u need to get a real fish like a (SERRASALMUS MANUELI) THE LARGEST PIRANHA ON EARTH BABY tiger baby tiger plus mfk Po0ns this fourm heh WHUSSIES!!!

led_zeppelin

AC Members
May 8, 2005
SE Michigan
Redbellyfishes said:
man try some cool fish no one likes mollies or swordtails in fact i fed my red swordtail to my piranhas and it was a wickid fast kill. ok ok wipe your tears cuz i know everyone on this thred is a guppy or mollie lover and is crying right now, u need to get a real fish like a (SERRASALMUS MANUELI) THE LARGEST PIRANHA ON EARTH BABY tiger baby tiger plus mfk Po0ns this fourm heh WHUSSIES!!!
get a life jerk off, do you have nothing better to do then screw with people!

Redbellyfishes

Registered Member
Nov 29, 2004
ontario
A Ha Thats What I Want To See

see by you saying that and caring ive transfered - energy to YOU making me AWESOME and u want to kill yourself HHAHAHAHAHAH

Kasakato

SatCan
Sep 24, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Redbellyfishes said:
Ya, get a real big fish! Something like a HUGE RBP! Then let it chase you around in your house, lets see how you like that! :dog:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store