10g Planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I always go to seriouslyfish for info. Not the only site I trust but lots of good stuff by many respected ichthyologists & very experienced breeders. Not the only good site but a valuable resource not to be dismissed!

Reactions: NoodleCats
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I just spent about 45 minutes poking around thinkfish.com. You can have it. No science, no references. I went to the loach forum and it has one topic only and the last post there was dated May 15, 2017. I put two species of fish I keep nto their search box and they told me they had no information for Hypacistrus zebra or Altum angels.

I would be embarrassed to link anybody to their cycling information.

Thinkfish.com is like kindergarten for fish keepers whereas Seriouslyfish.com is more like college. Again, you do not have to take my word for it, see for yourself. Many of us keep cardinal tetras. They are a pretty common fish in the hobby. So take a look at the species profille information on each site for this fish and see which one you find more useful, in-depth and trustworthy:

https://www.thinkfish.co.uk/fish/cardinal-tetra.html

https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/paracheirodon-axelrodi/

One last observation. On the thinkfish.com forums I took a look at the loach subforum since I have kept clowns ans sids for going on 18 years..

4 Posts
1 Topics
Last post by Sue
in Re: Pakistani loaches
on May 15, 2017, 07:09:23 PM

This is not my idea of a good site to go to for information. Sorry sprinkle. Your site gets a grade of D- from me.

Reactions: Sprinkle

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I'm just happy we almost stayed on topic. I use the term 'we' loosely..

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I just spent about 45 minutes poking around thinkfish.com. You can have it. No science, no references. I went to the loach forum and it has one topic only and the last post there was dated May 15, 2017. I put two species of fish I keep nto their search box and they told me they had no information for Hypacistrus zebra or Altum angels.

I would be embarrassed to link anybody to their cycling information.

Thinkfish.com is like kindergarten for fish keepers whereas Seriouslyfish.com is more like college. Again, you do not have to take my word for it, see for yourself. Many of us keep cardinal tetras. They are a pretty common fish in the hobby. So take a look at the species profille information on each site for this fish and see which one you find more useful, in-depth and trustworthy:

https://www.thinkfish.co.uk/fish/cardinal-tetra.html

https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/paracheirodon-axelrodi/

One last observation. On the thinkfish.com forums I took a look at the loach subforum since I have kept clowns ans sids for going on 18 years..

4 Posts
1 Topics
Last post by Sue
in Re: Pakistani loaches
on May 15, 2017, 07:09:23 PM

This is not my idea of a good site to go to for information. Sorry sprinkle. Your site gets a grade of D- from me.
K, 1st lines made me laugh :D
LOL IK what u mean, but i mean thinkfish.com is more my level~ been only 4 2yrs in fish keeping hobby *~*

~* e m b a r a s s m e n t*~

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You know I love to go off topic FF ;)

Sprinkle, I looked at thinkfish & wasn't impressed with the couple things I looked at...& then it quit working. Mostly old posts...

But finally back to the OP :) Look at fish that only grow to 1-1.5 inches, shrimp are interesting too. Are any fish catching your fancy?

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I am one of those folks who likes to go to the best informed most experienced sources for information. This is especially true for plants and everything planted. For close to two decades i have relied on the Tropica site for this. So who/what is Tropica? For one they are celebrating their 50th anniversary.

Tropica Aquarium Plants is a privately owned Danish company, based in Egå near Aarhus. The company was founded by Holger Windeløv in 1970. In 2004, the company was sold to JPS Clemens, due to a generational change and the new owners established a new nursery garden in 2007 as the base of a long-term strategy.
If you recognize this plant;
t

I is " Microsorum pteropus 'Windeløv' is a patented variety of Microsorum pteropus, named after Tropica's founder Holger Windeløv.

The Tropica site has superb information on pretty much every aspect of aquarium plants. It will teach you everything you need to know to have a successful planted tank.

@ J JoBroCo
There are two sections you should look through. The first is GUIDE and the second is PLANT CARE of course this will also introduce you to their products as well. I have use Tropica ferts almost as long as I have been keeping plants. I used to buy their 5 liter size. but it is not available any more in the states. So I pay through the nose for those smaller 300 ml bottles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store