110XH a good deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
I was at a lfs during lunch when I noticed they had a discus tank for sale. BTW, the discus are 50% off. I am not familiar with pricing for this equipment so I thought I get feedback from some of you.

110XH Allglass - nice condition, no cracks or scratches visible in frame or glass. It was a discuss tank in which no substrate was used and plants were potted. I like this tank because its only 48" long and 18" wide.
Lights (no additional info)
Stand & Canopy - Pine stand in v. good shape with some scratches, but no significant damage.
Eheim Wet/Dry canister (the large one)
Heater (looks like a good sized one since discus like it warm)
I might be able to get them to throw in the uv sterilizer/pump combination as well.

Total asking price is $600.

What do you think?

Last edited:

quantim0

Go Packers!!
Feb 19, 2002
Westfield, NJ
i'd get all over that if i was you!! normally you could spend that much money on just the tank, stand and hood. it looks like a good deal to me as long as everything is in proper working condition.

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Thanks Quantim0.

I would agree. I just did some quick checking at various online discount places. I estimated that even with no tax or shipping the cost new equipment would probably exceed $1,000. Does anyone second that estimate?

The equipment seems to be working perfectly. The tank currently houses several good-sized discus and the water is crystal clear.

I think I'll talk to the wife which is probably a fatal mistake. Maybe it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.:rolleyes:

quantim0

Go Packers!!
Feb 19, 2002
Westfield, NJ
JeffP, just tell your wife that you found it. with the fish an everything!! then she can't complain, until the bills come. :p

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
Better to ask forgiveness than permission. :D It works for me and alot easier.

perrito_blanco

Cichlidophile
Sep 9, 2002
NJ, USA
I believe the 110XH are 30" high. Real pain to do a gravel clean!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store