110XH a good deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
yup, a 110xh is 48x18x30

they look great, tough to clean though.

id use sand just because it would be easier than trying to clean gravel.

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
I would agree with the tough to clean comments. I am 6'4" and would definitely need a step stool to work inside the thing. It is a downside that I would have to put up with to get a large tank in the wall space that I have available.

Structural issues is another good one. I will put the tank against an outer wall so that it crosses multiple floor joists which are resting on the foundation. I might place a post and header under it for extra safety unless one of my engineering coworkers indicate that a steady load of approx 200 lb/ft2 is not a problem. Given its location, it may not actually be a problem.

Thanks all.

I think I'll go ask my wife if I have $600. I wonder what ever happened to "my" money.

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
I have a 24" tall tank and have a step stool that I keep right by it for when needed. The step stool cost me 7.oo at k-mart and is real nice. It folds up easily and I have no trouble using it for cleaning the tank! Without it it would be a bit tuff.

T

TnCgal

JeffP,

I'm going to move this thread over to FW Equipment and DYI for more replies from Slip and his team of experts ! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store