125 stocking help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SlammedC10

Registered Member
Mar 10, 2018
I need some help and recommendations for stocking a 125.

Current residents:
2 Clarki Clowns
2 small Domino damsels(put in to cycle tank and now I can’t catch them)
2 emerald crabs
2 large hermits
20+ small hermits
20+ mixed snails

I am worried the damsels will beat up anything I put in, even being small. I would like to keep this as a predator tank as well other than the Clarki clowns who are a little bigger.

Thanks in advance.

Jesterrace

AC Members
Apr 24, 2018
Damsels once established are very likely to do this, hence why many don't recommend them. The Clarki Clowns may also be super territorial aggressive as well (technically clowns are Damselfish as well). If removing them isn't an option, stick with semi-aggressive fish. A Tang won't be pushed around, neither would a Dwarf Angel and a foxface rabbitfish has venomous spines so the Damselfish would likely end up dead if they attempted to attack it.

*EDIT* have you attempted a fish trap with the damsels? It is pretty easy to make one out of a plastic water bottle.

Jul 11, 2019
If you want predators go for a small puffer fish (will eat the snails, crabs, shrimp, etc.), a smaller trigger fish, a harlequin tusk, a dwarf lion fish, or some sort of an eel

Jesterrace

AC Members
Apr 24, 2018
If you want predators go for a small puffer fish (will eat the snails, crabs, shrimp, etc.), a smaller trigger fish, a harlequin tusk, a dwarf lion fish, or some sort of an eel
That's a pretty good list for a 125 FOWLR. Blue Throat or Red Tail Trigger, Harlequin Tusk, Toby Puffer, Dwarf Lion and possibly a snowflake eel.

Jul 11, 2019
That's a pretty good list for a 125 FOWLR. Blue Throat or Red Tail Trigger, Harlequin Tusk, Toby Puffer, Dwarf Lion and possibly a snowflake eel.
I meant get just one of them, though I suppose you could get a few of them, you'll just need a good filter and do a lot of water changes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store