15 gallon paludarium build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
coming along nicely

flapper12

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
Temple, Texas
I can't wait to see it set up. I hope to set up my spare tank for some firebelly newts.

KnaveTO

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
Toronto, ON, Canada
That is looking really nice!! I wonder if your could do something like that to create an artificial embankment in a filled aquarium? Hmmm.... ideas for that 65 gallon tall!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
absolutely you could... and I plan to if I ever upgrade my 20g to a 30 or 40 long... It would be great to create caves and embankment in one swoop, without having to have 6 gallons of stone piled up wasting water space.

I should take some pictures, it's in the tank with water, but no substrate or plants... and I remade the hanger brackets and filled the island with large gravel to test the weight. it's held up over night... :)

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
so I couldn't wait any longer. the mangroves and lemon bacopa (Bacopa caroliniana) that I ordered on ebay haven't shipped after almost a week, and I only need those to plant the island.... so I planted the floor and hacked together the filter plumbing with spare parts I had laying around. here's a few shots. I'll be planting the island next week I guess, and will repair it as well, as I unglued a few key spots while cleaning it for installation.

It's lit with 2 15 watt 6500k screw ins in clip lamps with bullet shades. once I have everything set I'm probably going to put a helf above and hang the lights from the shelf. for now, clipped. I'd like the light to be a little yellower from the left bulb.

I'm keeping this tank simple in terms of plants, since it's going to eventually go brackish. So only dwarf sag for now... all plants I grew myself in the last 3 months. there's already some algae on them from the other tank, but I figure it's inevitable, especially once I start adding salt. I'm looking for a LOT of java moss to fill in under the island. haven't found any for sale locally.

KICX2267.JPG KICX2273.JPG KICX2277.JPG KICX2278.JPG KICX2280.JPG

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
looks great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store