15 gallon - Southeast Asian Biotope

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Waldo, I think I caught the detritus from you! Not really, stupid floating java fern clogged up my filter intake & I didn't notice.

Maybe Amano shrimp, bigger than cherries & won't breed in FW, I haven't kept them. Yellow shrimp are pretty, similar to RCS but sounds like they don't breed as fast.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
RCS, yellow & blue are I think all the same - all pretty prolific. Don't interbreed or the babies revert to the brown wild-type.

Amanos are a good addition to keep algae/detritus down... Apparently they're a hoot to watch (someone compared the shrimp @ feeding time to kids after a piñata bursts - running off with armloads of candy. :D

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
Any updates, waldo?

This thread has been very inspirational, I really like your design. I hope you don't mind me getting ideas from your photos (don't worry, I won't copy it at all, just the things used [driftwood, crypts, rocks] etc :))

I'm turning my 25g into a SE Asian biotope soon, so I hope that it will look somewhat good like yours is.

waldo12

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Wow.

Hey guys, its been a long time since an update.

As of now, the tank is still up and running, and there are still 5 or 6 kuhlis in there. The crypts and vallis are gone. The substrate is sandier with just a little gravel, and there are a few anubias in there temporarily. Im planning on redoing the biotope though, once I redo the 5'/150cm.
Thanks everyone:)

waldo12

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Wow.

Hey guys, its been a long time since an update.

As of now, the tank is still up and running, and there are still 5 or 6 kuhlis in there. The crypts and vallis are gone. The substrate is sandier with just a little gravel, and there are a few anubias in there temporarily. Im planning on redoing the biotope though, once I redo the 5'/150cm.
Thanks everyone:)

Ninja Pigs Rock

stop in the name of the law
Sep 16, 2010
just something in the left and something in the back and it will be pretty filled out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store