150 Gallon Build Thread ... From the Start

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
it actually technically only started about 10 posts ago :)
Technically it started from the beginning (lol) :thm::thm:. I wanted the thread to be a "reference" for anyone putting together a planted tank from scratch. All the way from the equipment through the build and final product. That's exactly what we have ... details about every step along the way!! The more input the better ... we are just getting started - the really fun part is coming!

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
good thing we didnt have to go back into the lighting talk..

Btw.. reminder.. order some fans (unless you already ordered them when you got the hoses)
Man ... no kidding - enough lighting talk to last me for a while!!!!

I still need to order the fans (the doors will take a few days to build before I start on the canopy) along with a python, Mag Float, regulator (?? - discussion is still open), timer, Co2 hose, and probably a couple of other things I forgot (lol)!

If you want to open a past discussion, however (lol), we (the Mrs. and I) are still not sold on the black gravel.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Man ... no kidding - enough lighting talk to last me for a while!!!!

I still need to order the fans (the doors will take a few days to build before I start on the canopy) along with a python, Mag Float, regulator (?? - discussion is still open), timer, Co2 hose, and probably a couple of other things I forgot (lol)!

If you want to open a past discussion, however (lol), we (the Mrs. and I) are still not sold on the black gravel.
Python: why not make your own???
Regulator: didnt you have the milwaukee??
CO2 tubing: use regular..

lol lets leave the black gravel for later (month later)

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
Python: why not make your own???
Regulator: didnt you have the milwaukee??
CO2 tubing: use regular..

lol lets leave the black gravel for later (month later)
Python - Make my own?

Sorry, I meant controller - that milwaukee reg (the one you would have loved to get your hands on) is still on the shelf waiting.

6 one / half a dozen the other on the tubing?

Okay - we will leave the black gravel discussion for now (give you a chance to catch your breath - lol).

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Python - Make my own?

Sorry, I meant controller - that milwaukee reg (the one you would have loved to get your hands on) is still on the shelf waiting.

6 one / half a dozen the other on the tubing?

Okay - we will leave the black gravel discussion for now (give you a chance to catch your breath - lol).
python: http://mikesaquatics.co.nz/shopcontent.asp?type=supersinkpump

controller: lol dont need that reg any more.. got mine and its working SWEET!! though i did notice that after a while the needle valve starts being a bit inaccurate especially if you decide to play with the bubble rate all the time..

tubing what?? lol

also just a thought.. make sure you got an airpump for the tank for them just in case cases..

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
especially if you decide to play with the bubble rate all the time..

tubing what?? lol

also just a thought.. make sure you got an airpump for the tank for them just in case cases..
Don't play with it ...

So-called Co2 tubing and regular tubing is essentially the same thing - is that what you are saying??

I am sure there is an airpump laying around here somewhere. With the controller how does the airpump backup become a case?? or, cases, as you put it??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store