150 Gallon Build Thread ... From the Start

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Will set towards one end of the tank at a slight angle.

Yes, all the wood; massive in person.

Will likely be using some rock for the middle / other end.

I think you should still soak the wood since the force of them wanting to float would be great enough to dig it out the substrate.. unless ofcourse you can throw a few stones in between the masterpiece and that should help keep it down somewhat.

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
I think you should still soak the wood since the force of them wanting to float would be great enough to dig it out the substrate.. unless ofcourse you can throw a few stones in between the masterpiece and that should help keep it down somewhat.
LOL - it's taking a bath right now!!

Wish the lights would get here - did you see the bulb post a few back??

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
so wait you will be mounting all the reflectors just wont have 2 bulbs wired??
The way I understand it from talking to Reef Geek is that each reflector mounts to the bulb - just not sure. Will have to wait and see when it gets here.

Which style of canopy are you going with.. still with hinge or doors idea?
I think I will make the entire front flip up and backwards - giving access for feeding, ferts, and a easy WC. We will take the canopy off for planting, trimming, major cleaning, etc.

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
Today's Progress ...

Added the doors ~~

Door hardware and drilled

A couple of doors on (actually the doors went on "very" smoothly)

Adding the third door

All doors on

Back view

Front view

Trim out is next

Thanks again for viewing - trim out the stand and ready to get started on the canopy (the lights should be here any minute)! :thm::thm:

More to come ...

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
bad arse! you will be done with the canopy by the end of the weekend next thing you know the tank is up and running..

Get ready to give us an approximation on how much you spent so far on the stand
Thanks Man - You are such the eager beaver (lol)!!

The canopy will be all rails, stiles, and panels - gonna' take a bit longer than this weekend.

I am keeping all the receipts in a handy location and will be posting the total-to-date soon ...

Don't make me put the Ketchup Bottle up again ...:headshake2::headshake2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store