20 long reef build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
update, the emerald crabs are eating the bubble algae, and also are knocking my corals around, today they knocked my trumpet off, thank god it fell up right, and also my mushies, can i use supper glue to hold them down? how long should i wait for it to dry? 6 line is not harassing any one yet, i have plans to remove him in place of a royal gramma. and i would like a goby or a blenny. what do you think?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Super glue is what you should use. Just make sure its the "gel" type. Don't worry about being generous with it. I have used entire tubes just to glue one frag.

Squirt the gell on the frag and stick it where you want it to be. After its in the water for a few seconds, a skin will develop on the glue glob. Breaking that skin by twisting or dragging glue on to the rock is what will give you the grip. You may need to reapply some glue. You'll have about 30 seconds to a minute before it hardens. I like to push the excess glue down around the base of the frag plug. You won't nitice the excess glue around the plug after a few days.

If you ever need to move the frag, the superglue will break/snap with a little levearge.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
good to know, haha try to knock my frags off now crabs. i was mixing my salt in RO yesterday with a air tube in my pump, it makes bubbles like my protein skimmer, and i notices this gray gunk building up on the lid of the bucket, i was thinking protein? how is this in RO water. i think its just from the atmosphere that is being brought in from the air pump, any thoughts

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
An air pump isnt gonna mix salt. It shouldn't be proteins. If anything you would see some settling on the bottom from a little calcium precipitate. With proper mixing (slowly adding salt and using a decent mixing pump), that should be minimal.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
"air tube in my pump" i use a tetra 475 GPH sump in my 5 gallon bucket, with an air pump hose shoved into the intake

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
weird i will have to post pics

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
made a mistake, i was changing my water and i soon noticed that i had sucked onto my trumpet coral, i ripped a hole in one head about 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch lost color and turned from green to brown, i hope it will heal, it didnt shrivel up or anything. what do you think. i can try to post a pic of the damage

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
ok so the whole area is about 3/4 of an inch but the hole is about 1/4, now it is all shrived up. not the best pic but here you go

IMG_20140117_215107.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
It will most likely heal. Worst case, you will lose the polyp but others will grow around it eventually.

I did the same thing to a torch and the damage was a lot worse. Never get a siphon too close to a euphyllia :).

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
i have learned that now. it seams to be looking better only 24 hours after

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store