20 long reef build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
so i had some troubles, i noticed that my favia was showing skeleton, so i did a water change and all prams were in check, then the next day it looked fine, and my trumpet was all shriveled and showing skeleton, today i noticed that one polyp had no flesh left, and the others looked bad, so im guessing something is eating my coral, now the piece of live rock the trumpet is on has all these scrap marks around it im guessing for the crabs, is it safe to safe my crabs are eating my coral?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
What kind of crabs? Emeralds?

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
yes, i noticed also this evening that all of my trumpet is gone and eaten, i have removed my emeralds, i lost a 60$ coral today, very mad i must say.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sorry to hear that. I hope removal of the emeralds solves the problem. I have never seen an emerald eat a live coral before but have read accounts of that happening. I hear the larger ones have a higher potential of problems.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
the one was pretty big, about the size of a 50 cent piece. no sign of it doing better, but no more flesh has been removed. now the shrimp are picking at it. i think because its damaged

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
so a fast update, i lost my trumpet coral, after the emeralds hurt it, the shrimp moved in and finished the job, the 6 line is a bully and has been removed, i have a royal gramma on the way, and was looking for one other fish to add with the jaw, fire fish, and royal gramma, any ideas. today 25% WC test before
PH-8.3, KH-12, C-420-430, nh3/nh+4-0 no2-0 no3-0, protein skimmer is working great and pulling about 1/4 to 1/2 cup a week. i am still having some algae growth, its slow and im thinking its because i have low flow in a few areas. do you think it would be better to add 2 koralia 225s, in place of my one 425.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store