200 gallon metropolis fun?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

momar

Born too late
Jan 6, 2006
UK
Originally posted by Needeles:
I would say to stay away from mixing Neons and Angels. The Angels will make a nice feast out of the Neons.
If the angels are young and small when introduced, and grow up with the neons, shouldn't that work? although there may be a very slight risk of losing some neons, but if the angels are used to them and the neons are full grown there shouldn't be much of a problem.

Originally posted by bettagurl:
red tail and rainbow sharks will fight when they mature,i have seen them fight a my friends house(despite me telling them they think its funny how the sharks 'play').
If kept in large enough 'schools', ie 6 or more, the aggression is spread out enough that there is no real danger to an individual fish. Kept in a group any less than 6, then the fighting will be serious. I think in the wild they are a schooling species (correct me if I'm wrong). Most people just don't have big enough tanks to keep them like this, but if you have, then why not?
:)

TastierWay

complaints of violins
Jul 17, 2006
Bay Area, California
www.myspace.com
momar said:
If the angels are young and small when introduced, and grow up with the neons, shouldn't that work? although there may be a very slight risk of losing some neons, but if the angels are used to them and the neons are full grown there shouldn't be much of a problem.
In almost every testimony from angel/neon keepers, the neons were often devoured after the angels reached adulthood. I'm not exactly sure that prey/predator fish can bond like that.

SirWired

AC Members
Sep 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
momar said:

If kept in large enough 'schools', ie 6 or more, the aggression is spread out enough that there is no real danger to an individual fish. Kept in a group any less than 6, then the fighting will be serious. I think in the wild they are a schooling species (correct me if I'm wrong). Most people just don't have big enough tanks to keep them like this, but if you have, then why not?
:)
Agressive fish that grow up together can "bond", but predator fish don't bond to prey, they eat it.

SirWired

cindi

AC Members
Sep 30, 2006
Central Florida
I wanted a tank like that for that purpose. This is what Id do:

a school of neons or cardinals
a school of glo lite tetras
school of red eyed tetras
3 to 5 rainbows
plenty of live bearers to fill in some space ( personal choice swords or platies, or both)

12 corys (Id go with 6 of one type and 6 of another)
5 otos

lots of rocks, caves and live plants

Yoemen

In Boogeyman's closet
Nov 2, 2005
Galveston
um

um rainbows and reds are not schooling fish. They are extremely territorial. We aren't talking barbs here. These fish are loners except when they breed. They do not travel in schools in the wild and they do not do it in aquariums either.

Sal329

AC Members
Mar 22, 2005
Rock Hill, SC
I like rainbows, bosemani and the dwarfs. A poweder blue dwarf gourami, cory cats, a gorup of loaches, 2 rams, and a lot of tetra.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
raibow shaks,not fish,i really think sharks are agressive tawards each other though.

WrittenLyric

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Jul 16, 2006
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
I love the look of Pristella Tetras. They're just so pretty. Also Serpea Tetras, although they can get pretty nippy.

Do you want an action packed tank, or a more calm serene community?

gagaliya

GNOME POWER!
Nov 20, 2005
NJ
www.happyreward.com
jcedeno said:
The common tenure when one buys a bigger tank is to get bigger fish. But I wanted to do something different. I would like to stock my tank with a tropical community of fish 2"-5" max. Given the space what do you think are some good possiblities. Keep in mind I want to have a variety of species, so I want the bio-type cross-sectioned...
50x glofish, 50x dwarf neon rainbow, 50x harq rasboras.

jcedeno

AC Members
Aug 6, 2006
Oh Wow I am going to go nuts thinking about this. But I am going to give myself a week to think and consider all of your excellent options and narrow it down to preference then bring it back to you guys. Thanks!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store