20G 3D Background Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MikenDanielle

AC Members
May 18, 2007
NB Canada
Could wait for total cureness... so I set it inside the tank to wait for the final 8 or so hours.

Here is what it looks like inside the tank being lite using my old incadesant hood, but using those GE spirally bulbs. 2 of them little guys throw a hell of a lot of light into a 20 Gallon aquarium let me tell ya!

20G 3D Background Project 7.jpg

Derringer

... overstock this!
Apr 8, 2007
Indiana
Looks a bit out of proportion with that small tank; I think it would have looked nicer if you had carved smaller "20g scaled" stones. Can't wait to see water and planted decos in place to see how it looks.

MikenDanielle

AC Members
May 18, 2007
NB Canada
Yeah thats not a bad idea either, I def want to keep it dark so the bright fish Ig et are the main focus of the tank. Might buy a few different colors and leave them in the bag and just set the bags in the tank to see what it looks like and return the unused stuff.... or buy more tanks to put it... decisions, decisions.

MikenDanielle

AC Members
May 18, 2007
NB Canada
:( Project cancelled.

Got down to get my substrate and started adding my water. Once the tank was about 3/4 full the background poped right up and out of the tank in about 8 peices. Looks like 3 solid rocks was not enough to hold and a 20 small styrofoam background in.. and I almost thought it was over kill. Ontop of all of this, I did finish filling the tank to test everything else out and found out my filter has aleak where the pump screws into it, so I had to empty the whole tank, throw the bg out ad now have to wait to buy a new filter before I can do anything else. Thanks to all those who followed the progress and provided encouragment. I wish you all luck with your projects.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store