20G 3D Background Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario
Secure it to the back of the glass with the silicone.

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario
Live and learn man, But dont give up, go get some of the pink stuff like I used and do it again(this will not turn into thousands of tiny little balls, or break so easily/messily)

if I gave up every project I had ever started, simply because the first go went bad, then I would never achieve anything.

This background of mine, is a prototype.... a learning process. It looks good, and seems to have stopped "peeling", and everything I learned from this time, will be applied when I make a new one, and I will make a new one.

MikenDanielle

AC Members
May 18, 2007
NB Canada
Oh i am planning on making a new one, just not right now. Im going to get this tank cycled and filled with fish and then begin working on a 100+ Gallon project that should take a good solid year or so, plenty of research to be done. All in all im happy with the experience and what I learned and would never never let an obsure setback keep me anything. Glad to hear yours taking a turn for better, can;t wait to see it filled with fish!

Temo

Joshie BaoHuu Tran
Jun 27, 2007
Grand Prairie ,Tx
Real Name
Joshie BaoHuu Tran
uh
is the paint going to harm the fish?
and the foam?
will it really work?

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario
hey emo, check out my thread in my sig, DIY background.
You can see what was done to protect the fish from the BG.

samsmom

samsmom
Apr 10, 2007
Didsbury, Alberta-north of Calgary
Yeah I can relate, made a background for my 100g, concrete kept cracking due to the instability of the base, finally finished it, and then DROPPED IT!!! So, my tank has river rocks and shale in it with about 50 juvy's (holding them till they are big enough to go to the LFS.) So another background another time, oh well didn't really like it anyways.

skesterson

The Full Trucker Effect
Oct 7, 2007
Tennessee
Had many bright ideas go horribly wrong. I feel for ya. Good part is you worked out the bugs now and the next background will be spectacular!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store