20g long Neolamprologus multifasciatus Journal 9/2011

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thrak76

AC Members
May 31, 2009
I love multis! Such big attitude in a very small fish - very entertaining. That's a great setup you have going.

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
thanks thrak76 and jpappy789. I've noticed around 4-5 from that one female, and a one new fry swimmer from the other female who is with the other male. I did a water change today and removed most of the stones, and added more shells. We'll see if that changes anything since the rocks weren't really accomplishing anything. It's great to watch. If anyone has any idea on if I should try and feed the fry, I'd appreciate it. I'm feeding them premium flake for now, but have some fry powder if that will help. Thanks again.

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
Video update of my 20g Long Multifasciatus tank Jan 2012

quick video update on my tank

[YT]HQkScFCPvBY[/YT]

description of the video

This is an update on my 20 gallon long multifasciatus species tank. I discuss the two dominant males and their female counterparts. You'll see some fry and some cool shots of the neolamprologus multifasciatus fish.

The aquarium is clearly divided with the dominant male and 5 females on the right side of the tank. The other side of the tank is occupied by another male with one exclusive female. Prior to this, the male was pretty much outcast but it was great to see that he had fought his way and occupied one female. He pretty much has access to the other side of the tank. I used to have rocks there, but replaced it with more shells.

You'll also see an odd N. Multifasciatus who has a bit different face. She gets treated nicely by everyone and is rarely picked on, unlike some of the other females.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store