20g long stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
I've only had to treat for Ich once, but my plants were all fine. I'd worry about moving plants that could harbor cysts too. I'm sure someone with more Ich experience wil chime in. (I hope)

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
What plant species did you have in particular?

I have Anubias, Anacharis, Java Fern, Java Moss (only a little bit), and Guppy Grass.

Did you have any of those plants when you treated for ich?

Hooked Newbie

May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
I had Java Moss, Wisteria, and Water Sprite in the tank (and still do). No clue about the how the Anubias may do.

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
Hmm...okay. Well, I mean, I'm really not even sure that it's ICH yet...but all the pieces of the puzzle seem to fit. I buy the fish. The store finds ICH in the tank that the new fish came from a few days after I purchase them, now I see single white specks on those new fish...

...it's gotta be ICH. I'll begin treatment tomorrow. I've already begun raising the temp of the main tank. The plants will just be left up to prayer, I suppose.

Thanks so much for your help, (not so) Newbie!!

Hooked Newbie

May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Keep us updated... I'm stressing for you! :)

Best case, it isn't Ich and you put some extra effort in making sure. (I did treat Gold Rams once in one of my tanks because of their coloration :wall:).

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
Salt won't adversely affect the fish right? Worst comes to worse, there isn't ICH in the tank, and the fish are none the wiser about some salt in their water for a few weeks. Yes?

Hooked Newbie

May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
At the levels for Ich treatment, the fish should be fine for awhile with salt.

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
Okay, that puts my mind at ease a little. In my mad dash to quickly fix the problem, I placed the 5 harlies in a quarantine tank with a 2tsp per gallon salt solution. They were in there for, oh, I'd say 20 minutes. I put them back in the large tank, and the biggest white speck on the fish seems to have gone away. I'll still be doing a full ICH treatment, though. The news that the tank at the LFS which the fish came from came down with ICH is disconcerting enough for me to do the full treatment.

Newbie, thanks, again, and again and again, for your help! You're the best.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store