20g stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moss2k

AC Members
Jan 3, 2008
i bit the built and bought some bio-spira on a whim. Thought I would try it and if it works, use it when I set up my 75g Mbuna tank.

20g H tank. We got 8 neon tetras, 6 black neons and 3 yo-yo's. I bought b/c they had some spunk and were on clearance. Just curious as what else we might could add to the tank. My Fiance would like to have some "bigger" fish. Like larger tetras, or a goldfish and really would like a betta in there.

What would/could work in there?

Is there anything I need to feed the yo-yo's? Do they like zucchini?

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Cichlidgirl91

AC Members
Feb 8, 2008
Tobaccoville, NC
I think a female betta would be really cool in there. I'm not sure if the tetras would mess with the long fins of male batta or not.
The yo-yos might be able to go into the cichlid tank when you get that set up. They tend to be a little rambunctious in community tanks IMO. If you do put the yo-yos in the other tank, you could get some Khuli loaches:grinyes: or maybe a rubber-lip pleco (he may get too big after a while). They only get about 4 inches long.
Out of curiosity, what plants are you putting in your tank?

moss2k

AC Members
Jan 3, 2008
I have no idea about what plants. Never done them before, so any advice is welcomed. I have gravel, but eventually want to use sand. I've thought about moving my yoyo's to the Mbuna tank once its set up. I'll see how things work with them until then.

How will I know a betta is female?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I would never try mixing loaches and African cichlids. Yoyos may be rambunctious but they will hardly tolerate being harassed by other fish. They will not appreciate being driven out of their territories either.

Cichlidgirl91

AC Members
Feb 8, 2008
Tobaccoville, NC
That's strange... My yoyos got along great with my convict cichlids (who were very mean!) Anyway, about the bettas. Females usually have short fins and males usually have long fins. At petstores, they're usually labeled "female" if it is a girl. and I've also come to find that female bettas don't cost as much as males

moss2k

AC Members
Jan 3, 2008
That's strange... My yoyos got along great with my convict cichlids (who were very mean!) Anyway, about the bettas. Females usually have short fins and males usually have long fins. At petstores, they're usually labeled "female" if it is a girl. and I've also come to find that female bettas don't cost as much as males
Yes the betta was labeled female and was about 1/2 the cost. We bought a few plants for now. will try to take pics and upload. we plan on upgrade our decor to something more natural when we get the opportunity

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store