29 g long or 29 high

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

placidmiranda

AC Members
Feb 13, 2007
Which is better?. Want to move cories over. Is swimming length more important to cories or the height better?

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
I agree with SB....the longer the better....cories like to swim back and forth...gives them more room...they really aren't up and down swimmers...long, long, all the way...happy fishies every day...:)

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I concur, the long tank is better for bottom dwellers . it has a larger footprint(more floor space)

the talls are better for tall fish(angels, discus)

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
I concur, the long tank is better for bottom dwellers . it has a larger footprint(more floor space)

the talls are better for tall fish(angels, discus)
Iagree

Length and width (depth) are far more important in most applications.

hitman12131976

Resident Calculus Teacher
Apr 30, 2007
Covina, CA
www.eosclan.com
The longer the tank, the more surface area there is. The more surface area, the more oxygen, provided that there is surface agitation. I think long will make your fish happier.

davexstumpe

AC Members
Mar 8, 2007
not for nothing, but the 29 and 20 long are the same length

just go with the 29

easy choice. bigger is better.

placidmiranda

AC Members
Feb 13, 2007
I have three serpae tetras and three fruit tetras along with my three cories, and they hide in the caves, they dont care to swim back and forth much. I was worried with the longer tanks, what are the other tetras going to be forced to do? They like their separate height levels and if the cories hide all the time it defeats the purpose of getting a longer tank. Wish they would come out and appreciate the space.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
They would appreciate being kept in larger groups of each species. Then they will feel comfortable enough to come out and be more active. Each species will generally not want to school with another species, that's why I advise getting more of the species you already have. You'll have the space to add more after the upgrade. In place of the fruit tetras, grab some white skirts- it's the same species. www.deathbydyeing.org will explain more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store