29g LED Lighting system build thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
I do think you are wrong there.
With old magnetic ballast on T8 lighting, I agree, but with electronic ballast you will be able to dim T5's to from 5% (maybe even 0%) to 100% if my memory serves me correct.

Philips has light control systems doing just that for T5's.

But for my part, it would be a slow transfer from T8 to a combination of T5 and LED.
And for the computer/control part, not only light, but water/parameter control as well.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Beg to differ on the pricey part. No means I'm trying to vote down LED-solutions, but T5's can be controlled over network in a DIY setup. A matter of getting the schematics and code together, which is why I was asking 1oooop for info on it.
Component cost for T5 equipment are not extremely expensive, and dimmers are commonplace materials that can be had at reasonable prices at every home-depot or whatever DIY-shop.
LED will absolutely be the way of the future, it might as well be my next setup, skipping T5 altogether, but don't count it out yet, it is a very valid and very good solution in every respect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store