30 Gallon Hillstream Tank Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
Thanks!

The water is hardly cloudy at all today, but I think I used too much sand.

Even where I have planned for erosion and where the filter return is causing the substrate to move, there's too much bulk. I think once a good amount of settling has occured, I'll have too much sand in the open area. I may remove a fair amount today... not sure yet. Might let it sit another day before deciding.

The rocks are looking sweet though, and I'm pretty happy to see the amount of flow I'm getting, from just one filter. Even with both the return and sewer on the floor, there is a lot of surface movement. I'm really itching to see how it flows with the 2213 as well.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Dude, it's looking really sharp. Can't wait to see this planted out. How much substrate are you planning to remove?

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
thanks everyone

I don't know how much substrate to remove. I am thinking like 2-3 cups at least, from the lower sand bed. this ought to motivate some more erosion in the upper levels.

I can't help but think about how the substrate will settle differently, once I kick on the undergravel suction. I wonder if switching to that intake for a while will help me determine how much to remove.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Mas pictures!!! Quid pro quo dude, update this thread, and I may finally post those rack pics you've been hounding me for...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store