30 Gallon progress thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
cannot really answer what can be added yet untill you let us know how long the system has been stable at the last posted test results...However, even with those results posted, i would certainly not have any issues with introducing a good hardy fish like a chromis....

Niko

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Before adding the fish I'd try a few snails first.
I might think about adding a few snails if the results are still the same next week. I'm just really anxious to get something in their. :)

cannot really answer what can be added yet untill you let us know how long the system has been stable at the last posted test results...However, even with those results posted, i would certainly not have any issues with introducing a good hardy fish like a chromis....

Niko
Alright sounds good. If my results are the same next week I think I will pick up a blue chromis.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
I added 16 more pounds of live rock today!

Also, when I tested my water the pH was at about 7.8. How would I go about raising it because as I understand it should be like 8.2.

Also, I've heard many different things on how to make the cycle go faster. I've heard fish food, raw shrimp, etc. Does the fish food way work? If so, about how much do I put in?

Thanks!
~Travis

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Looking lots better with more rock in the system now...

Yes, the fish food route does work...personaly, i prefer to use a raw shrimp/prawn because you just put in in and forget about it untill the ammonia has peaked and remove....

Niko

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Thanks!

With the fish food route...after I put it in what do I do? Do I just leave it there or do I leave it in for a certain amount of time and then take it out?

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Let the ammonia climb to 2-5ppm so you can have a good cycle.

Are you going to paint or add a background to your tank?
No I'm not adding a background. I like to look in the back at my snails because that's where they hang out.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Well being the idiot that I am, I bought a green chromis at the LFS. I still don't know why...I guess I'm just impatient.

Now it seems to be just chilling under one of my live rocks right now? Is this normal for one of them? I acclimated it for about a half hour. It's moving its tail and its fins but it hasn't been swimming anywhere. I hope that's not a bad thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store