30 Gallon progress thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
AH, they both died. I've tried to tell her that my tank isn't ready yet, and that I'm surprised my chromis is still alive so many times(I'm an idiot for adding it in the first place). I guess it's not that big of a deal because I didn't really want to have agressive fish buy my mom was upset.

:sad:

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Small update with my water parameters from yesterday.

Ammonia: 1.0
Nitrite: 2.0
Nitrate: 40
SG: 1.023
pH: 7.8(bought a buffer today, hope to get it about 8.2-8.3)
Temp: ~79 constantly

I still feel like an idiot for putting a fish in so early(even though he seems to be doing fine). I guess my lack of patience got the best of me. But enough about me being stupid...does my cycle seem to be going normally?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Yes, its coming along fine...i would say your probably about 3/4 way through your cycle....wont be long..

Patience is always the big key factor with marine aquaria....if only it could be brought....lol...they would make millions from people like us...

Dont feel like an idiot or being stupid....this is how we learn things sometimes..Sorry for the losses though, its never nice to loose....

Niko

BMorgan

AC Members
Jul 17, 2007
Northern California
Hey Travis, looks like things are going good. Sorry about your loss but you are probably better off without the damsels. I like the three I have but sometimes I find myself feeling that I wouldn't be disappointed if something happened to them.... :D

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. :)

And my fault...those tests were from 2 days ago. I tested again today when I woke up and here are the current parameters:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: .25
Nitrate: 20
pH: still 7.8...second day of using the buffer
SG: 1.023
Temp: 79

Looks like it's about done. I'm going to make sure everything stays stable for about a week before I add anything this time though. Snails and hermits will come first.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
I don't understand. Two days ago my ammonia was at 0. Now today these are my test results.

Ammonia: .25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: <20

Annoying.

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Ok everything is back to normal. Must have been a fluke in the test kit.

Anyways, since my cycle is over now I added 3 blue leg hermits(Hulk, Rocky and Arkuz) and the smallest ocellaris clown I've ever seen(giraffe). I fed last night with mysis shrimp and both my chromis and clown ate well.

:)

-LeG[A]cY-

AC Members
Jul 16, 2007
Well today I gave away my green chromis to a friend who just recently started this hobby too. He was harassing my clown anyways.

I do need help though. I spotted a few white spots on my clown :thumbsdown: . I'm guessing it has Ich. He's still swimming and eating however. I've heard that freshwater dips can cure Ich. Would it be ok to give him one and if so...how would I do it?

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
BTW, why dont you post a pic of your tank and ur clown, i would be interested to see, as you know we are of the same age, and both have started with a 30g. Would be nice to see your progression.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store