33 gallon build/log thread!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Shane...it looks like your tank might be leaning to the right a bit in the third picture?

guppy1

Aquaria Central Supporter! Are You?
Mar 11, 2005
New York
yes it is leaning to the right a lil bit, but that is becouse my room aint exactly level, all my tanks look like that, i hate it but i have to live with it!, and wow clown lover, that must have been a good lookin rock for 75 bunks, but i think i willl start ordering off line, 2 bucks a pound, or 8 bucks a pound, hmmmmmmm, what do i wanna pay? lol, ok grins, i guess i will setup a 75 gallon just so i can have a tang, but it will be a while before i have another 600 to spend on a tank instead of a car, lol,
thanks to everyone that has helped me, i really apreciate it,
Shane

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
it really is not that much, may just of about 1/4 inch, it just looks bad couse my mj 1200 is aimed rght at the top, so it is pushing the water up, i will stop the power head and take a pic for you guys tonight or tomarrow night, als, i did some tests again, i did not do ammonia couse i am ot of that test, so this is whati did, ph-8.0, nitites-0, nitrates-60-80, how do i get my nitrates down, i took the filter media out of my filter, there is lots and lots of LS in the tank, the only thing i can think of is that i dont have enuf power heads to make the crap on the sand move around and get sucked up threw the filter, wich the filter does not have any media in it so i dont know what would catch the dirty stuff on the op of the sand!,
thanks,
Shane

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
ok, wow, i have been really busy, but i have not ignored my tank, i actually ran out of some tests, so i am takeing some water up to the petshop and haveing him test all the params, if it is all good i will be bringing home a chromis and mayby a snail or 2, so i will let you know when i do this, thanks so much, pics are on there way,
Shane

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
well everyone, i havebeen gone for some time, but my tank is growing into something now! i currently have 1 pajama cardnal, 1 chromis, 1 turbo snail, and my mom went to the pet shop today and bought me some sand sifter snails, i am not sure what kind but i will eventulay, i will have pics for everyone tomorrow night!!! i am looking for a 10 gallon sump/refuge combo for my tank right know, and then i am looking to get a pair of clowns, a blenny, some crabs, and a sand sifter goby of some sort! o yea, and if i ever come acrost a yellow tang that is 1-3 inches i might snatch him, becouse i am looking to get a 55 gallon tank, and minimize my 29gallon fresh water tank into a 10 gallon, and use my 29 gallon for a sump/refuge for the 55 gallon, i plan 2 have that done in 7 months from now!!! i am sorry i havent been here in so long, i just get so busy in the winters supplying people with firewood with my neighbor, but that just gives me the money for all my hobbies. well i will have pics of the tank up tomarrow and i will keep you all up to date as i can,
happy new year to all!!!
Shane

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Glad to see everything is going well. Sounds like you have lots of plans. What type of clowns are you getting? I have always wanted misbar and black/white clowns.

Look forward to the pictures.

guppy1

Mar 11, 2005
New York
yes i can always go larger, but i am not sure how much weight my floor can handle, my room is upstars, so i would have to concern myself with the wait factor, idk, we will find out shortly i guess, do they make a 65gal? and i am not sure what kind of clowns to get, i want the most friendly ones i can get,
thanks,
Shane

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store