33 Gallon Long Planted Tank!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Man, that looks good! You need to just let things grow for a while! I really liked my 40g long much more than 55gs even with the same footprint.

Kevin2k11

AC Members
Jul 6, 2011
Man, that looks good! You need to just let things grow for a while! I really liked my 40g long much more than 55gs even with the same footprint.

Thanks, yea everything is just starting to grow, and I should leave it.... to get the final jungle look... lol
40 longs and 45 longs are super nice too... I would get a 40 or 45 long instead of a 55 if it was cheaper.. 55G are going on sale here on Boxing day :S

EDIT* oh I removed the plant tags LMAO I only put it there to remember what were the names :)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah, that cheapness is why I have 55gs too, I like 75g even better, the 18 inch depth is nice for scaping. My 40g was an old homemade tank with really thick glass, I gave it away pre-move, it weighed a ton!

Merlot

AC Members
Dec 27, 2011
I just setup a 33 gallon tank with live plants. How are your plants doing with your system? I purchased my tank used and it came with a Coralife 96w 6700K. As of now I have a Sword Plant, a small fern, several Vallisneria, and another plant that came with the tank. Also, I am debating whether to use a CO2 system... I have heard so many different opinions as to whether to use it or not. Any feedback would be of great help!

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
dude thinking of adding more fish??? i think u should add more galaxy rasboras (they are rlly fun to watch them roam around) and y not add some mosquito rasboras (boraras brigattae)??? they are rlly entertaining fish, they are compatible with the stuff u got already, and they require the same conditions as the white clouds and the galaxies. (y)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store