38G Riparium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
So the trellis is sitting between the plant/planter & the rim? TBH, I like that better than Gunner's dental floss & nails (although his allows for much more growth expansion).

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
So the trellis is sitting between the plant/planter & the rim? TBH, I like that better than Gunner's dental floss & nails (although his allows for much more growth expansion).
Yeah basically. I actually came across it today and had to get it. I don't think my pothos will need it but I think the Philodedron will need it. And thanks! I like the filter idea, but I like having the plant in the tank.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
It'll be interesting to see it climb, more visual height! I've seen pothos climb, too... Your pothos is young, given enough time to grow it'll benefit from a trellis, too.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Beautiful tank, love the video! I think you put it together so well. I love the black neon's, are they hard to take care of? I wanted to put some in my "soon to be" tank,LOL:)

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
i'm guessing you're planning on trimming that scheff to keep it under control and let the others grow in around it? i ask because most scheffs i know of get pretty big.

i like how you snuck the vft in there. the trellis was a great idea too.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Looks great, Chris! I bet the VFT will do well being that close to the light.

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
It'll be interesting to see it climb, more visual height! I've seen pothos climb, too... Your pothos is young, given enough time to grow it'll benefit from a trellis, too.
I found some riparium planters that was supposed to be for razors that looked exactly like Hydrophyte's. I'm gonna email him in a few showing him if that affects anything with his patent also.

Beautiful tank, love the video! I think you put it together so well. I love the black neon's, are they hard to take care of? I wanted to put some in my "soon to be" tank,LOL:)
The black neons are one of my favorite fish. When looking at a 45 degree angle from below, they have a blue iridescent and orange eyes!

i'm guessing you're planning on trimming that scheff to keep it under control and let the others grow in around it? i ask because most scheffs i know of get pretty big.

i like how you snuck the vft in there. the trellis was a great idea too.
Yeah, I saw some humungous ones at the garden center. I will definetely need to trim and probably sort out the trees in there. Thanks! The VFT was a special treat for myself since I flipped off my bike, lol! I thought it would be neat!

Yes, I think I'm gonna get another trellis for the pothos so it can climb on. I'm thinking about swapping out my Creeping fig that's in my paludarium to a planter and letting it grow up.

Looks great, Chris! I bet the VFT will do well being that close to the light.
Thanks! I thought it was the perfect spot! I'm gonna have a VFT row on the sides too :) hehehe

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Some bad news:

Yesterday I talked to my parents and they let me get another 10g tank for the Serpae Tetras with the condition that if they die, I havet o break the tank down.

So I went to Pet Goods and bought a 10g tank (My petco was being renovated..grrr). Anyway, I set the tank up all last night and put the Serpae Tetras in.

I woke up with all 6 of them dead. Then I realized I forgot to put the water conditioner. Ugh. I feel so bad. :( And I broke the tank down.

GRR.

-end rant-

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
sorry dude always sucks to lose fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com