4 oranda goldfish in a 10 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
We live in central Texas, a fish store was going out of business and he got 3 fancy goldfish for 2 bucks each. I was able to convince him to put them in the pond. My moms pond is a few hundred gallons and there are lots of plants.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Well, that's better than a 10 gallon tank anyway. Hopefully your mother will help take care of them if your brother won't. Would she have actually let your brother keep 4 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank? I suppose it wouldn't seem all that surprising if she did though, sadly I know plenty of adults who'd do the same. It's good that you are trying to educate your brother, hopefully he will listen to you. :)

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
We live in central Texas, a fish store was going out of business and he got 3 fancy goldfish for 2 bucks each. I was able to convince him to put them in the pond. My moms pond is a few hundred gallons and there are lots of plants.

Patrick and Superpilot- this sounds like a terrific environment for goldfish! How great it will be to be able to watch them get as big as they can in a great space. It sounds like you may have worked together to get the best of both worlds so that you may each get to enjoy the hobby in the way that you might like. You might even be lucky enough to have a breeding pair and get to see them spawn and have little goldies. That is incredibly neat.

Please keep us posted as to how the goldies do in the pond. The only thing that you may have to watch for in an outdoor environment are predators. Hopefully, the pond is pretty sheltered, and in an environment with plenty of plants, fish have a better shot at hiding. Maybe you can even post some pictures of them as they get bigger.

I don't think that anyone here wants to discourage you from the hobby. As you can see, when you have an open mind about the information you receive and keep a civil and mature tone, not only will you receive encouraging responses, but you will gain the respect of the other members, regardless of your age. Excuzzzme is right-- age is no guarantor of maturity, and Kashta is right, we have had some really young members who have been super fun to be around on the forums. There is nothing like youthful enthusiasm to keep things exciting for people who have been in the hobby a long time. I hope that you both will stick around and let us know how things are going.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
Patrick and Superpilot- this sounds like a terrific environment for goldfish! How great it will be to be able to watch them get as big as they can in a great space. It sounds like you may have worked together to get the best of both worlds so that you may each get to enjoy the hobby in the way that you might like. You might even be lucky enough to have a breeding pair and get to see them spawn and have little goldies. That is incredibly neat.

Please keep us posted as to how the goldies do in the pond. The only thing that you may have to watch for in an outdoor environment are predators. Hopefully, the pond is pretty sheltered, and in an environment with plenty of plants, fish have a better shot at hiding. Maybe you can even post some pictures of them as they get bigger.

I don't think that anyone here wants to discourage you from the hobby. As you can see, when you have an open mind about the information you receive and keep a civil and mature tone, not only will you receive encouraging responses, but you will gain the respect of the other members, regardless of your age. Excuzzzme is right-- age is no guarantor of maturity, and Kashta is right, we have had some really young members who have been super fun to be around on the forums. There is nothing like youthful enthusiasm to keep things exciting for people who have been in the hobby a long time. I hope that you both will stick around and let us know how things are going.
as somervell said, watch out for predators. if the pond is deep enough they will be fine, but cats can go crazy on shallow ponds. so keep a lookout. and best of luck you two.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
The pond is about 3 1/2 feet deep. There are toads but I hunt them with my airsoft guns. My cat goes outside but he just lays down and watches the fish and birds. My cat and dog are great with other animals, they have been with just about anything but birds, hamsters, and snakes for more than a week.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
If people think you're trolling, maybe that shows how incredibly bad of an idea you've got.lolol.jpg

lolol.jpg

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Great news, Superpilot! Keep us posted as to how they are doing as they grow and get bigger. Maybe you could even post some pictures!

kiddevo

AC Members
Sep 7, 2010
The pond is about 3 1/2 feet deep. There are toads but I hunt them with my airsoft guns. My cat goes outside but he just lays down and watches the fish and birds. My cat and dog are great with other animals, they have been with just about anything but birds, hamsters, and snakes for more than a week.

Why in the world would you hunt toads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store