40B High Tech Planted Aquarium/Riparium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I just subscribed, and I don't normally do that. LOL. I really like your tank, you obviously put a lot of time/ work into it. I need to spend the time to create such an awesome tank. Where did you get the inspiration from? I find it hard to find useful info.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
I just subscribed, and I don't normally do that. LOL. I really like your tank, you obviously put a lot of time/ work into it. I need to spend the time to create such an awesome tank. Where did you get the inspiration from? I find it hard to find useful info.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thank you, I do put a lot of time and money into my tanks and appreciate the compliment. I got the idea from looking through Hydrophyte threads. I wanted to create a high humidity tank so I started playing with the idea of building an enclosed top, then petsmart came out with the large exo-terra that fit almost perfectly on top. I also just bought a 6g LED edge that I am currently setting up ADA. I just got the all the ferts and 3 layered substrate down.

more to come

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
this is attempt number 3 to post this update.

4pc .25 x 1.5 x 40
2pc .5 x 1.5 x 24
2pc 1.5 x 1.5 x 24
Elmers Woodglue
Stainless steel finishing nails

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
All the wood was cut to length to fit snug between the tanks. The front and back are 2 pieces glued together and clamped. A template was used to cut the filter input/output off the back.

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Testfit with both tanks

After an overnight test I noticed there was leakage. Rubber Weather Stripping was installed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store