40B stock and plans

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have kept angels in the past in the PH I have, and even had them spawn a few times. Oldest one was 8-9 years old. Only fish that I have issues with are live bearers, all other fish aways done well for me. I’m using a Marineland Emperor 400 filter, I think thats a tad overkill but I always over filtered.

The GingerFishman

AC Members
Feb 13, 2019
Quincy, MA
I have kept angels in the past in the PH I have, and even had them spawn a few times. Oldest one was 8-9 years old. Only fish that I have issues with are live bearers, all other fish aways done well for me. I’m using a Marineland Emperor 400 filter, I think thats a tad overkill but I always over filtered.
That's odd because most live bearers like a higher PH. I've never done well with them long term because my water is so soft.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I may just stick with a type of tetra, I like them a lot. Can any of these be fine, Diamond tetra, candy cane tetra, Bleeding heart tetra or Black Neons. I happen to like Black neons, I always seem to keep them, had them with the pictus catfish, he never picked any of them off, I think it’s mostly cause I kept him well fed. Giant Danios are colorful themselves, had them in the past. So many fish to pick from.

The GingerFishman

AC Members
Feb 13, 2019
Quincy, MA
I may just stick with a type of tetra, I like them a lot. Can any of these be fine, Diamond tetra, candy cane tetra, Bleeding heart tetra or Black Neons. I happen to like Black neons, I always seem to keep them, had them with the pictus catfish, he never picked any of them off, I think it’s mostly cause I kept him well fed. Giant Danios are colorful themselves, had them in the past. So many fish to pick from.
It's your tank haha do what you find most attractive! Go for the Black Neons if that's what you like, I feel like they're a little plumper in general than regular neons so give it a shot! If they start disappearing, then you'll know it didn't work out and you can try something else. Chances are you're right and they'll be ok, I usually just give my thoughts on general compatibility but nothing is ever 100%

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Go for the Black Neons if that's what you like, I feel like they're a little plumper in general than regular neons so give it a shot!
It's not a feeling, especially the females get larger as neons, cardinals, etc. I love black neons as well. I have several that are over 2" long and 1" high... and they are thick... though the current quality isn't what it used to be, washed out colors and smaller.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I’ll go with my Black neons, always had them cause they never nipped and get to big for angels to eat. They may not be that colorful but that’s fine with me. I think I can get away with around 15-16 of them, but not sure. I am doing a planted tank. I plan on getting a new API Master Test kit, my old one expired.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I decided on the final stocking for my tank.

8 Corydoras
15 Black Neon Tetras
1 Angelfish
2 German Blue Ram or Gold Ram
3 Pictus Catfish
1 Twig Catfish

I plan on live plants, spider wood, and large rocks for natural caves. Only things I need to get is a glass top and light strip. I have an Emperor 400 filter and 300w heater, also old gravel from another tank I had taken down. I think I only need to pick up an extra 10 pounds of river gravel.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I finally brought my tank inside and built the metal stand. Spent 20 mins leveling off the tank the best I could. Got it so it’s no longer leaning forward. Not easy to do. I also put my geckos under the tank. I have the bio wheels to my Marineland Emperor filter floating in another tanks to help seed them faster and tossed old gravel into the tank to. Just have to get the glass top, wood, more rocks and a light. I’m also going to use a 300w heater, a little overkill but it’s the only spare heater I have.
DA03EA57-D086-4588-8DDA-5D0D44802CE7.jpeg

Reactions: dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store