40B stock and plans

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
It's good to know, the aggressiveness of the gouramis sometimes I think that it rises more than normal, they are very beautiful fish, I also have corydoras, but having angels I don't know whether to trust the gouramis.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
It's good to know, the aggressiveness of the gouramis sometimes I think that it rises more than normal, they are very beautiful fish, I also have corydoras, but having angels I don't know whether to trust the gouramis.
Angels can be a bit more aggressive then the Gouramis. Especially if you have a breeding pair of angels. Pearls are the calmer of the Gouramis. I have had blue and gold Gouramis and they can be aggressive.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Angels can be a bit more aggressive then the Gouramis. Especially if you have a breeding pair of angels. Pearls are the calmer of the Gouramis. I have had blue and gold Gouramis and they can be aggressive.
I have 2 pairs of angels in my tank, and they are reproducing. I want to learn a little more about fry farming, before I separate them and try to become a "breeder". After this, I'm sure I want to add some gouramis.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I had the fuse to my breaker trip 5 times a few days ago and since then I had fish die off in mass. I had lost 13 fish in 24 hours and 2 yesterday. I did pull my heater cause I noticed it wasn’t working anymore and at the same time noticed my bristlenose was dead, while 30 minutes prior was rasping on wood, and she was the part of the mass death in the first 24 hrs. I did test the tank and the results was 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrites and 20ppm nitrates, ph 7.6. I did do a 20% water change and still fish were dying. They are eating readily and I see no signs of illness or parasites. The heater could of short circuited and shocked my fish but not sure.

• Sad
Reactions: dudley

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I am so sorry for your loss!

I don't think fish can get shocked by malfunctioning electrical equipment in the tank since fish aren't grounded but do see questions about stray voltage causing health issues but not death.

Maybe lack of O2 due to filter not running for an extended time or dirty filter spewing crap back in the tank after a restart?

Reactions: Sprinkle

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I am so sorry for your loss!

I don't think fish can get shocked by malfunctioning electrical equipment in the tank since fish aren't grounded but do see questions about stray voltage causing health issues but not death.

Maybe lack of O2 due to filter not running for an extended time or dirty filter spewing crap back in the tank after a restart?
Power didn’t stay out long, was immediately turned back on each time. Tank is planted so they can go awhile without having the filter running.The filter is a canister, could of been an ammonia spike, but the tests say otherwise.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I'm sorry for your losses. The fish might not be grounded, but the heater is. When it leaks it short circuits through the water (this is what blows the fuse) and this can kill fish. Planted tanks don't get an ammonia spike on a short term when the power goes out.
When I did use heaters, I always put the rubber part above the water line to prevent this. Rubber parts are notoriously unreliable on the long term.
Check your heater if you see any moisture in there, or cracks or something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store