4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
ok , we will just have to wait it out bratha .:thumbsup:

ghinksmon

AC Members
Aug 30, 2005
Northern NJ
ghinksmon, I haven't underestimated the moisture, but only the white rafters are exposed, the rest is closed in with wood paneling type wainscot.

OK, I should have had more faith that you covered that.

Real time stinks for us with a short attention span! Why can't a build be wrapped up in a 30min HGTV special?

Keep up the great work and feeding us pictures. Many thanks for allowing us to share in this remotely.

bukkits

AC Members
Nov 25, 2009
Downers Grove
ITS ALL WRONG!!!!!!CODE VIOLATIONS GALORE!!! LOL im just messing with ya. i take it you got the electrical up ok, Good job so far:) keep on keepin' on!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
ITS ALL WRONG!!!!!!CODE VIOLATIONS GALORE!!! LOL im just messing with ya. i take it you got the electrical up ok, Good job so far:) keep on keepin' on!
We haven't moved the wires out of the rafters yet, but the switches are working and we have GFCI for the outlet that is above the front of the tank. Other than moving the wires, have to see which circuit(s) the rest of the room is on and run another section of wire to tie into where an outside was supposed to go, but wasn't ever hooked up.

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Guys - PETE knows what he is doing. He has covered his basses! He has worked threw every aspect of this build several times over! You guys just need to have some faith in him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lata, Arkangel77

sorberj

wannabe fish whisperer
Sep 14, 2009
McCleary, WA
Real Name
Jerad
ITS ALL WRONG!!!!!!CODE VIOLATIONS GALORE!!!
I would love to see the section of the building code that specifically addresses the construction requirements for a 4300 gallon aquarium in a residential structure. Better yet, i want the job of the guy paid to sit around all day and ask "what things should we make code about next?"

Keep it up pete, i can't wait to see the outcome :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store