46g Bowfront: The Reboot

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice wood.

Jag1980

Got Plants?
Aug 18, 2008
Marysville, Wa
That place must always throw in 1 stumpy piece with every order, I got one also, but mine looks like a piece of poo... :silly:
My wood took only about 3 days sitting in a bucket after pouring boiling water in it once a day. The ends that where not in the water always kept the wood floating until I flipped it to get the dry end soaked.

Those fish are cool, I want some.
What type of fish are they?

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
That place must always throw in 1 stumpy piece with every order, I got one also, but mine looks like a piece of poo... :silly:
My wood took only about 3 days sitting in a bucket after pouring boiling water in it once a day. The ends that where not in the water always kept the wood floating until I flipped it to get the dry end soaked.

Those fish are cool, I want some.
What type of fish are they?
Yeah man, it's crazy. The stuff has been soaking since what, Friday, and it's already near sinking. I'll definitely be scaping Friday or Saturday.

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Ok. Did the rescape today.

Here's where I started:

And here we are empty:

While empty, I took the time to slide in a few DIY components.

First, new intake. Modified a Lustar Hydro Sponge II to use as an intake for my Eheim 2128. Wanted it to be shrimp safe:

And then plumbed in my co2 reactor:

Dry scaped the wood:

I then dry planted everything and filled the tank:

Still pretty cloudy, but that'll subside in a day or two. Ended up with a LOT of leftover plants. Expect a huge plant sale soon.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Very nice rescape, I love that look. Btw, what was the spatula in the previous shots for?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store