5.5 Gallon Betta tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I lost my red blue orchid rosetail halfmoon a few weeks ago to dropsy suddenly, was fine one day, had dropsy the next and had passed before I came home from work. I did a 90% water change and rearranged the tank. I ordered a marbled halfmoon plakat and he’s probably the prettiest betta I ever had gotten. Not sure why I been having bad luck with bettas lately, my king and salamander butterfly halfmoon bettas are thriving, while others get sick only do die shortly after.
81568141-6FDE-4C6F-837F-77AC3933ED40.jpeg66999C2A-869E-457A-8851-BDDAF5CA655A.jpegAC70D4E3-42CB-471B-973F-1B888426E8E8.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Sprinkle

NicePoeci

AC Members
Oct 30, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
www.nicepoeci.com
Real Name
Andrew
I used to keep Bettas with guppies for years - probably about 7 bettas over the years in community tank with guppies. As long as you got a betta with a nice temperament and the tanks not overcrowded, they always got along fine. Only once had an issue and it was just that bettas demeanor.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I lost my red blue orchid rosetail halfmoon a few weeks ago to dropsy suddenly, was fine one day, had dropsy the next and had passed before I came home from work. I did a 90% water change and rearranged the tank. I ordered a marbled halfmoon plakat and he’s probably the prettiest betta I ever had gotten. Not sure why I been having bad luck with bettas lately, my king and salamander butterfly halfmoon bettas are thriving, while others get sick only do die shortly after.
I'm sure it's not your fault. To get all of these fancy strains they have to be heavily inbred and that decreases their health and longevity. They are seen as flowers by the fish farms, you buy them, they look pretty for a couple of months and then they die and you get new ones. $$$ There is no interest or incentive to breed better quality fish (not just bettas, all species).

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store