55 pix

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishiebusiness

Fish Newbie
Oct 8, 2001
Berkeley, CA
www.picturetrail.com
Its been quite a few months since i posted pix of my 55 gallon so here are a few new ones.

Lighting is 110 watts of PC,
CO2 running at 2 bbls a second,
im still waiting for the rotala to fill in.
fish:
2 angels, tetras, various others
Heres an over all:

a view from the right:

my two angels:

grow glosso grow!

Hope you've enjoyed,
FB

Visualeyes2

AC Members
Nov 4, 2000
White, GA
You make me sick! Just kidding! I'm really jealous though. I just don't have the talent for doing live plants. I am very impressed at your talent though.

99RedSi

AC Members
Dec 2, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Beautiful tank! What's your maintanence routine like with it? I'm considering a very similar setup as yours (I also have 110w PC lighting just sitting around with my empty 55g! lol).

Do you weekly scrape algae off the glass? If so, what type? Green spot? Green spot is absolutely the WORST - it's so tough to remove from the glass.

Thanks

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Very, very nice!
I like how the plants are grouped, but it looks natural, and flowing... Very healthy plants too, and Angels... :)

Fishiebusiness

Fish Newbie
Oct 8, 2001
Berkeley, CA
www.picturetrail.com
Thanks for the kind words everyone :)
99 Red Si- My maintenance is weekly(every friday usually). First, I scrub the front of the tank, then I do a 50% water change. I refill and add in some flourish trace and some PMDD. As for the algae on the glass, its usually dust algae which comes off easily, but there are a few patches of PITA green spot. Green spot also gets on my anubias leaves, as you can see in one of the pics, its quite annoying and no one seems to know how to get rid of it.

Oyashure-
I do get noticable pearling on most of my plants by around 3 pm (lights go on 10-9). It gets quite full of bubbles at night which is contributing to the haziness of my photos. I dose about a teaspoon of k2s04, kno3, and a mL of phosphate (fleet enema), plus flourish trace and a bit of flourish iron.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Oooooh, pretty!

That's a really beautiful tank. :D How long have the plants been in there?

--Anthony

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store