55g Planted tank (The Start)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Glad to see you back around Bk. Stop by chat some time when you have the chance ;).

Safadit. Have you tried the Chelsea flower district? Pacific has ok pieces sometimes, but they're pretty pricy on driftwood compared to online.

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.punchedinthepodcast.com
Real Name
Chris
Glad to see you back around Bk. Stop by chat some time when you have the chance ;).

Safadit. Have you tried the Chelsea flower district? Pacific has ok pieces sometimes, but they're pretty pricy on driftwood compared to online.

Thank you Inka I'll check it out even though I ordered some finally. I get bored easily so I'll probably buy a different piece of driftwood and leave it soaking as back up. "Variety is the spice of life" :D

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Holy Fish!

I thought you fell off the planet. I'm glad to hear you're doing the task I just did to two of mine. I guess this time of year has a way of guilting us into doing the right thing. Post up pics if you can. Mine needs a rescape as I believe the substrate has been mostly depleted and compacted.

Q

echang7

Registered Member
Jan 2, 2011
hi bk718, was wondering if you have any red root floaters to sell(just need a few.) let me know!

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
excited to hear that! ill be following this thread :D

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Holy Fish!

I thought you fell off the planet. I'm glad to hear you're doing the task I just did to two of mine. I guess this time of year has a way of guilting us into doing the right thing. Post up pics if you can. Mine needs a rescape as I believe the substrate has been mostly depleted and compacted.

Q
LOL yea Q its about that time. I just couldnt look at the green covered glass box any further. And must say, scrubbing off the months (if not year) worth of algae wasnt fun at all, in fact I still have the back glass to complete. But here are some photos of the tank after the initial clean up and then after adding a few new red swords. Still contemplating on when I should clean the darn back and add some more stem plants... ohhhh and then its the headache of adding ferts :cry: I love jungle looking tanks, just sucks when you dont have time to upkeep one.

Hopefully there will be some more updates in the next week or so (unless i actually fall off the planet)
Thanks to everyone for the support :headbang2:

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I didn't think it would ever actually happen, an update! Tanks looks a little rough but it's nothing you can't handle, and the fish don't look like they mind it at all!

You better continue to update or I might PUSH you off the fall of the planet! :FIREdevil:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store