58g Planted w/overflow and sump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Jen, you're right about my soft water & crypt stunting.

BUT I've seen both, especially the BN digging by it. At 1 time I thought (hoped!) it might be loach breeding pits. But I've watched Miss BN circle in the filter outflow like a roller coaster ride, down the current & up the front glass to the surface. & every 4 or 5 trips she parks on or digs near the crypt. It isn't the root tab, there are others she ignores. The loach sometimes checks out her behavior & digs there too.

I think your c.u. is like catnip to my fish for some reason, lol.

To authmal & Defj, if the plants aren't established with a big root system just about any fish can uproot them, especially in sand or small substrate I had a perfect little 3inch cushion of HM for a few months. Then I introduced a very small BN fry, under a cm, & within hours it was filter fodder, sniff. The stems & crypts were fine...until I moved or replanted any. It helped to place some pebbles around the plants.

Corys & kuhlis aren't as "bad" as BNs, I think they just bumble around. BNs, IMO, like to graze on leaves or the algae or biofilm on them. Swords were sometimes scraped to lace...even when I fed veggies they would eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store