65 gallon LJ project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Don't worry, feed the fish well and it will recover soon, I give my fish a frozen porridge that contains aloe vera, it's very good for regeneration, so the key is that your sword continues to feed as well as possible.
Thanks, but it was a long time ago now. She is doing well and had frys 3 times :)

Reactions: Lalo J.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
So I looked for the photographs of my pair of Colisas but I did not find much, they are very difficult to capture, I only have this one that is the most decent of the male in the extinct riparium:
P1010909~2.JPG
By the way, I'm not sure if I mentioned it here before, but I kept a Geophagus 'Red Tapajos' for a little time, beautiful fish, but it started messing with my Corydoras and had to go:
P1010872~2.JPG

Reactions: Sprinkle

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Very annoying at the moment, today the LFS got some new fish, a pair of show size gold pearlscale angels arrived, heck they are really beautiful, but when I arrived for them they were already gone. I've been looking for angels like that for years, and I've talked to them about getting them and being the first person to be offered rare or infrequent fish, but it wasn't like that, no way, I'm close to fixing the right part of the tank , I have a long and free weekend, there will be updates soon.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Looks like we haven't had any luck Sprinkle. Wow, not getting those angels really bothered me, it's very rare that they get that size, and ones that are so beautiful. When I visited the dealers 6 months ago, in the entire huge market I didn't see any show size angelfish, so getting them in an LFS is twice as hard, I'm still not over it and I'm still upset.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh Lalo, I'm sorry you "missed the boat" on the angels...There will be a next time, be ready to pounce on the them if that's the fish you want! Can you get on an email alert? I think these are your friend's lfs, they may help...

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
That's right, they are my friends from the LFS, I still have no idea why they didn't tell me they had them, the fish were only published on WhatsApp when they first arrived and half an hour later I was already in the store, but they had left, someone else was faster than me. They were almost identical to these guys:
FB_IMG_1612132774202.jpg

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Corydoras gold lasser are available from the direct distributor but it's too expensive for me at the moment, converting to dollars would be almost $30 USD for each fish of no more than 2 cm, same size in which I got my Corydoras adolfoi but they approximately $10 USD. I'd take a trio of gold lasser if I weren't waiting to buy marine fish.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah, your Mexican fish seem expensive but I haven't shopped for fish in a very long time. They may not be too far off the "going rate" here...you can only choose based on what you can get & a price you're willing to pay

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store