65 gallon rebuild

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I suppose that obtaining the bag with 10 tablets will be enough if I intend to maintain low requirement plants? Although there is a bag of 40 tablets, dougall had mentioned that Seachem substrates are inert but that they work well retaining nutrients from root tabs, is it possible that a combination of these two products will work?

Reactions: Sprinkle

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
The back sump is almost ready, I just have to fix a couple of details, I found that silicone in my job, it's gray silicone, does anyone know if I can use it for the tank?
IMG_20210423_185217.jpg

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
The back sump is almost ready, I just have to fix a couple of details, I found that silicone in my job, it's gray silicone, does anyone know if I can use it for the tank?
View attachment 229815
NO! DO NOT USE THAT! It says on there it is designed for high torque applications and up to 625 degrees fahrenheit. Normal silicone is good for up to 300 degrees F and is not recommended for high torque apps, which indicates the stuff you have there has been modified, most likely with an additive, and cannot be trusted for aquarium use.

To be on the safe side, don't use anything except clear, 100% silicone with no fungicides or other additives. I use this stuff:

Loctite Aquarium Safe Silicon

WYite

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
NO! DO NOT USE THAT! It says on there it is designed for high torque applications and up to 625 degrees fahrenheit. Normal silicone is good for up to 300 degrees F and is not recommended for high torque apps, which indicates the stuff you have there has been modified, most likely with an additive, and cannot be trusted for aquarium use.

To be on the safe side, don't use anything except clear, 100% silicone with no fungicides or other additives. I use this stuff:

Loctite Aquarium Safe Silicon

WYite
Oops~

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Thanks WYite, don't use it. Unfortunately today I lost my halfblack angel in the 10 gallon tank, I have few "valuable" fish for me now, rethinking the idea of going back to the tank.
IMG_20210426_171445.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store