65 gallon rebuild

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Dougall, thanks for the links, I'm going to gather information about the Cryptocorynes before I buy them. I'm sure you mean the scapers here in Mexico that have competed in IAPLC or something like that, of course they could help if they weren't so moody, I don't know, I'm sorry, but I've heard comments about it. On the contrary, I had a good experience buying my pair of Anubias and Hygrophilas, I may still order there if the Nymphaea is available, I also have the lfs nearby.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the IAPLC after this year's cheating escapades.

But not especially, just maybe, I had thought there were at least a few groups of scapers in Mexico that seemed OK, at least from my limited view. Not necessarily all competitive.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
You are correct, if there are groups of pretty good and professional scapers (if that term is allowed), but it's a pity that they are quite arrogant and give very little support to novice aquarists.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Sorry sir, I'm really only directly aware of US scapers, and for the most part they are incredible people. there are some that are incredibly arrogant, but they are really few and far between.

or maybe I just got lucky.

but the best of luck being able to get the plants you want. Hopefully it is just a short matter of time

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
My tank is already working, it was a fun job, there are still plants missing but it looks good and I liked it.
IMG_20210515_192236~2.jpg

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Thanks fishorama, I really liked it, I was looking at pictures of several tanks to give me an idea of the aquascape, I found a link with many tanks as an example, here you go:

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
The first photos of my reconstruction, I have decided to place only the red cap angel at this beginning, my pair of angels albino and blue phantom are not contemplated to return to the tank due to their aggressiveness when they have a laying and because of their hobby of pulling the plants from the substrate, so if I want to be successful with the plants I have to leave them out, I hope that the red cap has not learned from them, because if I did not have to remove it, it's likely that I will add angels in the future but of a small size and according to they grow to see how they behave with the plants, today some Cryptos and Anubias arrive.
P1030680~2.JPG
P1030671~2.JPG
P1030685~2.JPG
KUBOTAI LOACH:
When I uninstalled the tank I had commented here that I did not remember taking my loach out, and after a few days I saw her climbing out of the rocks in the bucket, that was a relief. Now that I rebuilt the tank I took a log and some rocks from the bucket and carefully took out my clown pleco that was hidden in the wood, after testing the log in various positions until I decided on one, I finally filled the tank and went to the fish with a slight acclimatization. When I looked for my loach in the bucket to pass it to the tank, I couldn't find it anywhere, I looked for its little corpse, regretting that it had jumped but I didn't find anything, it had disappeared again. The next day I was looking for my corydoras and suddenly I see the caudal peduncle and the tail of my kubotai loach coming out from between a couple of rocks, surely she traveled as a stowaway on the trunk, which was a few seconds without water while I placed it on the right way, so this fish already has a couple of interesting stories to tell her friends when she gets a chance to get more of them.
P1030673~2.JPG

Reactions: dougall

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Last Tuesday I received some new plants, this is a photo from Wednesday morning, as soon as I can I will add more Cryptocorynes, I have a water change scheduled for Saturday.
P1030727~2.JPG

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Last Thursday I added 15 cardinals and this morning I only have two, some died on the descent to the back sump but I solved that from Saturday and anyway they just disappeared. This is not the first time I have seen this, in the LFS they have brought batches of 80-100 cardinals and they all die within 3-4 days, this has happened several times with them, I have no idea why it happens besides, they all ate well since they arrived.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store