65G FOWLR Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Take these photos the day of my last update here, I siphoned to try to lift the cysts in the sand, the tank is serving a month without fish, I still feel bad for my emperor angelfish and I have a little distrust to go back to try more fish in QT. According to what I was informed,10 and 20 gallon tanks have a fairly poor biological filtration, so with those words, so I will change to 30 gallons for my quarantine tank, I have decided not to keep a tank of angels as it was in the beginning, already that 65 gallons is nothing to try something like that, but I'm thinking of one or two. I will buy small fish and butterflies, when everything is ready.
My new aquascape:
IMG_20210413_202927.jpg
IMG_20210413_202400.jpg

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Several weeks without updating here, a few days ago I finally installed my quarantine tank, I had the water with rocks in a bucket working for a few months, about a month ago I did a water change and forgot to turn on the wave generator that gives movement in the bucket and it was not working for a couple of days, I installed my quarantine tank with that water and it had 0.25 ppm of ammonia and almost 100 ppm of nitrates, nitrites were at zero, so I guess the water had a cycle again, I have I added 40 lt of new water and my HOB filter with a sponge to house bacteria, I added liquid bacteria as well and I will test the levels in a couple of days to see how it has evolved, maybe a couple of fish will arrive next month, I will do a effort.
IMG_20210627_194421~2.jpg

Reactions: Wyomingite
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store