65G FOWLR Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Take these photos the day of my last update here, I siphoned to try to lift the cysts in the sand, the tank is serving a month without fish, I still feel bad for my emperor angelfish and I have a little distrust to go back to try more fish in QT. According to what I was informed,10 and 20 gallon tanks have a fairly poor biological filtration, so with those words, so I will change to 30 gallons for my quarantine tank, I have decided not to keep a tank of angels as it was in the beginning, already that 65 gallons is nothing to try something like that, but I'm thinking of one or two. I will buy small fish and butterflies, when everything is ready.
My new aquascape:
IMG_20210413_202927.jpg
IMG_20210413_202400.jpg

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Several weeks without updating here, a few days ago I finally installed my quarantine tank, I had the water with rocks in a bucket working for a few months, about a month ago I did a water change and forgot to turn on the wave generator that gives movement in the bucket and it was not working for a couple of days, I installed my quarantine tank with that water and it had 0.25 ppm of ammonia and almost 100 ppm of nitrates, nitrites were at zero, so I guess the water had a cycle again, I have I added 40 lt of new water and my HOB filter with a sponge to house bacteria, I added liquid bacteria as well and I will test the levels in a couple of days to see how it has evolved, maybe a couple of fish will arrive next month, I will do a effort.
IMG_20210627_194421~2.jpg

Reactions: Wyomingite

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Finally I have the ammonia at 0, just in time for the arrival of my new fish, the nitrates are handled at 40 ppm but I'm going to work with the water changes to be able to keep the situation under control. I have Coral Beauty angelfish and a Chromis scotti that shouldn't be here because I asked for an blue damsel, well, the suppliers :rolleyes:. Everything looks good so far these guys are already eating at my QT, less than a day after they arrived.
IMG_20210804_171311.jpg

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Nice! I think coral beauties are underrated simply because they are so common. Their colors are spectacular. If they weren't a dime a dozen I think they'd be more appreciated.

WYite

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Nice! I think coral beauties are underrated simply because they are so common. Their colors are spectacular. If they weren't a dime a dozen I think they'd be more appreciated.

WYite
I have to agree with you very much, the color of these fish is amazing and they have always been one of my favorite angels, it is a case similar to the yellow tang, right now its value rose due to the prohibition of collecting fish in Hawaii, they were cheaper even than the coral beauty angels, but now they cost 5 or 6 times more than one of these angels, and are more valued.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I still have problems with the ammonia that is still present, even with water changes it doesn't even get down a bit, so I got AmGuard from Seachem last weekend and tried it, it didn't work either, I did a water change yesterday (I do them every 72 hours), increase the dose of AmGuard a little and hope it works.
I also installed a small 10 gallon QT last weekend, I'm not sure what I can put here, it's possible that one or two very small fish or maybe some butterflyfish, since being less litrage, make changes of water to maintain the quality is much easier, preventing it from fighting with ammonia in that tank as well.
IMG_20210816_215533.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store