65G FOWLR Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
I think using the same net, water change bucket, and no telling what else, transferred the Hair Algae from tank to the other.
I say two weeks of scrubbing, and pulling, and it just got worse until the tank was covered. Water Changes up the kazoo....One BIG Algae hairball!

Reactions: Sprinkle

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
We call them "Feather Dusters." I have received Live Rock at the local Salt Water Fish Store, and after a few weeks of lying in the bottom, these little critters came out. I am not sure where the Live Rock came from, as the owner just bough live rock in bulk. Back then any live rock was great. We never knew if it was Indo-Pacific, Mediterranean, of Gulf Rock....Just live rock. As far as their impact on the tank, I never knew of any.

View attachment 228830
The last reef I did, I got my live rock from another reef tear down, I guess it was a reef that had been running for 10 years and they sold the rock to a LFS, so I bought as much of the rock as possible. I had so many cool things start popping up, feather dusters, brittle stars, various slugs, lots of softies, crabs, snails, shrimp, different color coralline, all I had to buy was fish lol

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
The last reef I did, I got my live rock from another reef tear down, I guess it was a reef that had been running for 10 years and they sold the rock to a LFS, so I bought as much of the rock as possible. I had so many cool things start popping up, feather dusters, brittle stars, various slugs, lots of softies, crabs, snails, shrimp, different color coralline, all I had to buy was fish lol
Stop it. Ur make me want to have a marine fish tank with random live rock *^*

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Blennies brought them in! I could resist either. I can't believe we got the same blennies!
Lol those SoCal blennies are cool , if I knew then what I know now, I would’ve set up an out door marine pond just for the stuff i caught. But I also wouldn’t catch stuff there now since it’s a wildlife preserve lol

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
I got mine in.....Well, lets just say got mine elsewhere. I have had purchased Live Rock and had critters come out though it. It has been done. Usually the Coraline covered, have been established and tend to have more goodies. Just a rule of thumb, but not always successful. That's great if you get animals like that. I tried to cheat, and let me say, it wasn't worth it.
Look for the best or more established pieces. Friends tanks and gift rock are the best. At least you may have an idea of what's there. From the Ocean....well, lets just say I won't do that again. Stupid Blennies!

Last edited:
Reactions: FishAddict74

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Lalo J...You got a nice tank. The rock looks good as well! You might have some tube worms in that rock as well! (Maybe)
Thanks, it seems that the growth of invertebrates in the tank is going very well, unfortunately I don't have a good camera and I can't focus on the rocks as in detail as I would like, here I have a too bad photo but I think you can have an idea.
IMG_20210116_191709.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store