65G FOWLR Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
My Emperor angel developed Cryptocaryon after last Sunday's water change. On Tuesday he had some white spots, I could easily notice it thanks to the tank lighting, so all I did was feed him even more, and turn off the lights to reduce his stress. Wednesday dawned clean, and until now the white spots have not returned, I'm going to leave the lights off tomorrow too, the fish is feeding impressively, finishing a bucket and a half of PEmysis and shellfish porridge, in addition to the flaked food . His tummy is maybe 1/2" thick, he is fat and healthy.

Reactions: Wyomingite

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
The Cryptocaryon issue worsened in the emperor angelfish as of Wednesday, however he continues to eat, yesterday I placed him in a hospital tank with Paraguard, so I hope it evolves positively as the days go by. I have my vacation right now and I paid for a weekend at the beach with the family since a few days ago, so I can't keep up with the fish until sunday night, even though it will be taken care of for the daily dose of Paraguard and feed three times a day. It was difficult to catch the fish, I had to remove almost all the rock and this guy is an escapist since he could fit in any small space, when I finally caught him my back was killing me but I'm glad I put him in the hospital tank before my trip, now I can only hope for everything to improve.
Greetings from the sea.
IMG_20210402_150520~2.jpg

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
The fish looked better this morning, in fact it has been improving rapidly, although I have noticed that it has lost a bit of weight, I will continue to medicate until I'm at least a week old, and I will feed more often.
Yesterday I did a 25% water change and everything looks fine.
P1030269~3.JPG
Take advantage of when I remove the fish to be able to clean and clear the right side of the tank, only momentarily accommodate the rocks, although I have at least 3 months to rearrange everything and it is possible that I will add a wave generator.
P1030263~2.JPG
P1030267.JPG

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I have more problems with the emperor, for a couple of days he has begun to breathe agitatedly and his appetite has decreased, I have also tried a new salt but honestly it has not convinced me, it's more difficult to dilute it in water. I attribute the problem of agitated breathing to an ammonia peak, but I cannot know for sure because I do not have a test, I just asked for it but it will take a few days to arrive, I also thought that the Cryptocarion was the culprit since it mainly attacks the gills of the fish but the whiteheads have been almost eradicated so it is unlikely that this is the problem, my bet is on the ammonia peak, in addition to the fact that the water has become cloudy and is another indicator of chemical problems with ammonia. Yesterday I made another water change, this time 50%, and today in the morning the fish fed successfully and does not seem to be so stressed, I will continue with that for a few more days until I have my new test.

• Sad

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Sorry to hear you're having issues. Hopefully it gets cleared up.

WYite

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Thanks WYite, I just fed the fish and it looks slightly better, the flake food seems to be its favorite. There is something strange here, the fish shows some pale spots distributed throughout its body, I can describe it graphically as if they were chlorine spots on black clothes, I'm sure they could be due to stress or some deficiency in the chemistry of the water, again I need a test to corroborate it.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I feel quite tired, but above all very disappointed. It's completely ridiculous to have lost a strong fish like that and that ate from my hand, it makes no sense, I'm going to dismantle the hospital tank and disinfect it.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Last year I lost the fish I had, and the last 3 fish I have bought have died, so I have to rethink several things before trying again. I have not had a well established tank with fish for two years, although I'm going to add a couple of improvements to my main tank I need some time to gain confidence again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store