7 colored endler hybrid?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
From what little I've read I though guppy/endlers were 'useless' as in you won't be able to sell them
Who says? That first pic that the OP received looks awesome. I'd buy those in a minute. Not for $16 though.

Just because a mutt endler/guppy is no longer pure doesn't mean there is not a market for them. Look at Tiger Endlers. They are very popular and are crosses and sell for more money than the pure endler strain that created it.

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
Unfortunately my only 2 females for this endler hybrid died, because the seller sent me sick females that were going to die anyway.
$16 per fish is pretty outrageous.. even though the fish you got look pretty awesome.

But how do you know they were going to die anyway? They could have been ready to give birth and died. Many guppies (endler's too) die when giving birth.

Can you not contact the original seller and get two more females?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Little latte, but I love the OP fish's coloration. Amazing.

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
I personally just don't like the crosses because endlers, from what I've heard, are endangered in the wild, which puts the task of keeping them pure and genetically useful into the aquarists hands. If you can avoid, either get pure endlers, or pure guppies, or if you get a mix, please don't breed them! I know people can make money off of them, but its not fair to the species. But, hey, your fish, do what you want ;)

chickenlady

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
I have dealt several times with Adrian, and his fish are very nice. I actually bought some fish from him that look like the ones in the first pics, and though I thought that strain had dissapeared from my tanks, lately have been getting many little endler males coming up with those same markings. Unfortunately they are in a tank with other types of endlers, so none are true breeding like Adrians. Adrian Hernandez is dedicated to his endlers. But he also has extremely nice fish from long term crosses, not just a one time quickie. If you want an endler, get it from Adrian, adrianhd@bellsouth.net, he is amazing, and is preserving endlers more than almost anyone.

j0onahra3

AC Members
Nov 19, 2010
Columbia, MO
$16 per fish is pretty outrageous.. even though the fish you got look pretty awesome.

But how do you know they were going to die anyway? They could have been ready to give birth and died. Many guppies (endler's too) die when giving birth.

Can you not contact the original seller and get two more females?
I knew they were gonna die anyway because when they came, they looked really skinny (no expected fry), they were heavily breathing, and within 2 days, they had dropsy :/ the male endler guppy crosses were fine and they're very healthy too. And yes, $16 is outrageous. The 2nd pic deceived me into spending that much money :/

I would contact the seller again to get more females, but seeing how he gave me a different male guppy than his pics, I wouldn't want to spend extra to get more sick females.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SiYang

AC Members
Dec 26, 2012
They do look really nice but I too love a pure endler but I wouldn't mind buying that for a community tank at all jus at a way lower price

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store