75 gallon cichlid tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cherrykisses224

Registered Member
Jan 21, 2008
I LOVE the way you decorate your tanks. Stupid question, do you soak your drift wood in plain old bleach before you use them?

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
thanks cherry.
no i soak the wood in a large garbage can. i fill it with a half gallon of bleach and then the rest is water. i do it outside with a garden hose so it is quick. i let it sit for 3-4 days with the lid on( sun oxidizes bleach). then i empty the bleach water and fill it with fresh water. i let the wood soak for another 3-4 days with the lid off (we want to get rid of all the bleach). i sometimes refill one last time with fresh water just to make sure and then add a goldfish or minnow into the garbage can to see if it dies ( due to the chlorine). my house has filtered water so there is no chlorine from the tap. i would make it simple and add dechlorinator after the first soaking of pure water instead of all my trouble. feel free to ask any other questions.

apelaston

much more than a hobby to me.
Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
not sure where you are getting your driftwood but it is great!!! I live in little country ohio && still have a hard time finding drift wood bigger than my forarm and in any shape besides a stick lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store