75G FOWLR Journal - Cycle is complete!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Loving the tank Slappy..

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Thanks everyone...I really do appreciate it. A lot of work went into this tank and it's nice to know people enjoy looking at it and watching it's progress.
I know I've enjoyed looking at your tanks. ;)

Scrape off some of the existing coralline from a hidden from view part of rock and let it get into the water column...should aid in the spreading of coralline..
Will do. :)

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Update:
A couple of days ago I added a Sixline Wrasse and a Coral Beauty to the mix. I haven't seen any aggression between the two angels. They actually seem to hang out and graze together. :) lol

I also added quite a few more macros. "Feather Algae(Caulerpa Floridana),
Red Grape (Botryocladia Sp.), Gracilaria (Red, yellow) and some Ochodes."
I thinned out the prolifera quite a bit, too.
I'll be adding Kent Marine Iron w/ Manganese to supplement the algae.

Quite beautiful to say the least.

100_2535.jpg 100_2540.jpg 100_2545.jpg 100_2547.jpg

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Very Nice Slappy..

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Right now the list is at:
1 Royal Gramma
2 Chromis
1 Percula clown
1 yellow watchman goby
1 lawnmower blenny
1 sixline wrasse
1 Poma Angel
1 Coral Beauty

3 turbo snails
6 astrea snails
15-20 vibex snails
5 red legged hermits
5 blue legged hermits
2 emerald crabs
1 strawberry crab
3 peppermint shrimp

Doesn't look way overstocked to me.
???

Dustin83

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Orange County, CA
YEah. i think it's SOMEWHAT on the higher side, but I don't think it's too bad. With consistent water change, I think you might be okay. The real concern is the aggression between poma and coral beauty... In that sense, YES it's overstocked. haha.

Keep an eye on them. There may be no signs of aggression because they're just not used to each other, yet. Once both of them fully get acclimated, there is a good chance the aggression may show... I really hope it works out for you though.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I do agree that for a reef, I'm at my upper limit, but this is a FOWLR, but to say it is 'way over-stocked' is an exaggeration. I have more than enough experience to realize that. ;).
Anyway, thanks for the advice. I was planning on adding maybe one more fish later down the road, but we'll see how things work out.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Slappy - tank looks great and I would not have thought you to be "way overstocked" if you do add another...hope it is a small one. Looks great!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store